Scout - Ari Stewart
-
jct1941
- Posts: 2117
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:16 am
- Contact:
Scout - Ari Stewart
All of a sudden Scout has Oregon as his only HIGH interest. Xavier and Wake Forest have dropped to MED interest. I really liked him as a prospect because he sounded like a great replacement for Brown.
-
wkrq59
- Posts: 1508
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:57 am
- Contact:
Re: Scout - Ari Stewart
Ever have one of those occasions where some little voice inside you says "Watch out!" You have no idea why but you still hear it.
That little voice just went off with this latest on Ari Stewart. This kid is:
1)Jerking everyone around.
2)Jerking some people around (Xavier and Wake Forest and maybe even Oregon)
3)Enjoying the recruiting process entirely too much.
4)Is way too full of himself to continue to be high on the Xavier list.
5)Might just be more trouble than he's worth.
6)Is just trying to take advantage of the recruiting system to its fullest and may be very innocent of any of the above.
In any event, he certainly isn't painting a very good picture of himself.
My little voice says when he's done making all his "official" trips, he more than likely will pull out a completely unsuspected choice out of a hat and tell his "officials" "Sorry, I really enjoyed my visits but I decided to stay home or I just felt at home with the coaching staff and the players at ZZTop University and that's the place for me."
Say it ain't so, Ari, if you can.
That little voice just went off with this latest on Ari Stewart. This kid is:
1)Jerking everyone around.
2)Jerking some people around (Xavier and Wake Forest and maybe even Oregon)
3)Enjoying the recruiting process entirely too much.
4)Is way too full of himself to continue to be high on the Xavier list.
5)Might just be more trouble than he's worth.
6)Is just trying to take advantage of the recruiting system to its fullest and may be very innocent of any of the above.
In any event, he certainly isn't painting a very good picture of himself.
My little voice says when he's done making all his "official" trips, he more than likely will pull out a completely unsuspected choice out of a hat and tell his "officials" "Sorry, I really enjoyed my visits but I decided to stay home or I just felt at home with the coaching staff and the players at ZZTop University and that's the place for me."
Say it ain't so, Ari, if you can.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Scout - Ari Stewart
When do we worry about something written on Scout or any other service? They post incorrect data all the time. If I knew directly where this information was obtained then I might gage the veracity of the information.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
_LH
- Posts: 254
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:07 pm
- Contact:
Re: Scout - Ari Stewart
So goes the life of a Division I basketball coach. Kids worth recruiting to XU are going to have interest from many other schools. This is a major decision for a high school kid and there is nothing wrong with him taking his time to make his choice.
I hope he chooses XU but understand if he does not and will not wish him any ill will no matter what school he picks unless it is UC.
It would have been nice for Miller and XU for Ari to have verballed after his official visit and I know that is what they were hoping for but it is a big decision for this kid and his family and there is nothing wrong with him pouring over his choices.
I hope he chooses XU but understand if he does not and will not wish him any ill will no matter what school he picks unless it is UC.
It would have been nice for Miller and XU for Ari to have verballed after his official visit and I know that is what they were hoping for but it is a big decision for this kid and his family and there is nothing wrong with him pouring over his choices.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Scout - Ari Stewart
LH I agree. It is an important decision and he needs to feel that he has gotten the best deal(in terms of schools) and what we think is different for each one of us. We chose X for different reasons and every person is not the same. Quite frankly if I had talent to play D-1 it would be a exciting and yet a miserable job to pick which school is right.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
jct1941
- Posts: 2117
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:16 am
- Contact:
Re: Scout - Ari Stewart
Muskieman - You are right about the ranking services. I just checked Rivals and they have Stewart ranked higher than Scout and show Oregon and Xavier as HIGH interest. All others schools are medium or low interest. So you are definitely right that the services can not even agree on who is in the running.
-
sash19
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:57 pm
- Contact:
Re: Scout - Ari Stewart
The main thing to remember with Ari is that no matter where he is ranked or who is listed as high, medium or low-he won't be coming to Xavier.... Think Parrom......
-
xubuck
- Posts: 412
- Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: Scout - Ari Stewart
As Yogi Berra said, it looks like "deja vu all over again". About 5 years ago there was a kid from Detroit named Malik Hairston who was wavering between, I believe, Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State. Parents loved Ohio State, and it looked like he was headed to Columbus. Suddenly Oregon(and Phil Knight and Phil Knight's corporate jet--Nike for those of you who don't know) came in out of nowhere at the last minute and he went there. Quite odd, since a high priority of his had always been to play close enough to home that his parents could come to his games. Not saying anything was improper, but the "Swish" apparently can be very persuasive.
-
wkrq59
- Posts: 1508
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:57 am
- Contact:
Re: Scout - Ari Stewart
If he was flown in that man's private jet on an official visit to Oregon, that school should have been called to task by the NCAA. That's illegal. UC did three years probation for among other sins, letting Cattlett use the private jet of Queen City Barrel to fly to some town and pick up a recruit to bring him to campus for a basketball game and lavish--by 1970s standards--round of parties with some Bearcat belles providing a lessening of concupesences.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Scout - Ari Stewart
All he had to do is show him the Oregon cheerleaders and that would have sold anyone. The second greatest thing that came out of the Oregon vs X game at Madison Sqaure garden was a chance to see the ladies of the Northwest.xubuck wrote:As Yogi Berra said, it looks like "deja vu all over again". About 5 years ago there was a kid from Detroit named Malik Hairston who was wavering between, I believe, Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State. Parents loved Ohio State, and it looked like he was headed to Columbus. Suddenly Oregon(and Phil Knight and Phil Knight's corporate jet--Nike for those of you who don't know) came in out of nowhere at the last minute and he went there. Quite odd, since a high priority of his had always been to play close enough to home that his parents could come to his games. Not saying anything was improper, but the "Swish" apparently can be very persuasive.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 899 guests
