Page 1 of 1
Bulls' Rose fined $1,000 for driving 106 mph
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:14 pm
by Shadow
Didn't take him long to be a REAL pro BBer
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/index.html
Re: Bulls' Rose fined $1,000 for driving 106 mph
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:00 pm
by Mr. Neutral
I remember doing 100+ mph a few years ago in a rented Cadillac on the way to Palm Springs, so I can't say that this particular transgression makes Rose a ne'er-do-well, especially by NBA standards.
Re: Bulls' Rose fined $1,000 for driving 106 mph
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:22 pm
by muskieman
My son one day asked me how fast my new car could go so I punched it up to 114 while on I-275 around Herbon Ky area. My son (now 31)was about 10-12 and I sworn him to secrecy. I told him his mother would make him fatherless if he ever spilled the beans. The car was a Turbo Subara which I never thought could get going that fast but it wasn't even close to red lining.
I had a friend that owned a yellow racing Lamborghini that I think was owned by Steve McQueen back in the 60s and we had it out one night on Columbia Parkway back in the late 70's and the speedometer hit somewhere above 170. It took 4 cops car to stop us as they blocked the parkway going into town. The cop that tried to clock us at Delta said some type of yellow vehicle just went by him and his radar could clock it and he couldn't catch us. I thought they would slap us in irons but all they wanted was to find out what kind of car it was and to get a picture of them around the car. I have newer seen a cop drool over a car like that one. You were almost laying down in that thing and you never noticed the speed.