Page 1 of 3
J Crawford
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:20 am
by muskieman
Crawford it appears will choose a school this weekend, per Lexington Herald.
http://www.kentucky.com/276/story/451107.html
Xavier is on the list along with Cincinnati, Texas and Oklahoma. Kentucky, which was said to be on the list, did not express interest in Jordan, Sylvia Crawford said Wednesday. When asked what the family heard from UK, Sylvia Crawford said, ”Uh, well, we didn't.“
http://www.kentucky.com/276/story/451107.html
I also hear that UC might not be his destination.
Re: J Crawford
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:35 am
by xavierj
Heard as of last night he is unofficially officially a musketeer. Big time talent with nba potential. Don't know how the ships will work out but word should be out today or tomorrow. There have been rumors out of Indiana for a while that he was heading to Xavier.
Re: J Crawford
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:56 am
by muskieman
I heard that but nothing offical so to me it is just a rumor. The ships should work out if what I hear is true but actually, I hope what I heard is not true.
Re: J Crawford
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:42 am
by Brian Fantana
I would guess that Andrew taylor from Toledo will be asked to take one for the team.
Re: J Crawford
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:32 pm
by Murph85
Getting this guy would be a real blow to the incoming freshmen who may have committed to X due to favorable chances of playing time their freshman year.
It would however give us someone who could step in early (Duke ) and run the offense from game one.
I am not sure about the scholarship numbers as far as availability, but this would be a real step towards a big season next year assuming he can play.
Re: J Crawford
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:53 pm
by muskienick
Murph85,
Jordan Crawford played for Indiana University during the 2007-2008 season and must sit out a year when transferring to another D-1 institution (like Xavier).
The only problem I see (other than the scholarship situation) is the logjam of players graduating (or completing their college eligibility) in 2012. For the Muskies, that would be Redford, Walsh, Lyons, Holloway, Frease, and Crawford (if he transfers to Xavier).
Didn't I read on another thread either here or elsewhere that a current Muskie has an injury that could prevent him from ever playing again (like Barker from a few years ago)? I hope that isn't true, but it would solve the scholarship problem.
Re: J Crawford
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:31 pm
by Muskie
This is now the third time I've seen the rumor about someone being injured. I hope it's not true.
Re: J Crawford
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:07 pm
by MuskieCinci
I really want to find out soon what is going on with Jordan Crawford. He is a great talent, but with so many people that would be in his class and position, plus the fact that we have no scholarships, I am very skeptical that this can happen. I need someone to confirm what he is going to do and stop all of the rumors.
Re: J Crawford
Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:27 am
by XU 87
For what it's worth, a poster on Rivals is saying that Crawford is coming to Xavier. I don't know this poster, but I know someone who does. And I've been told that said poster knows what he's talking about.
So there you have it.
Re: J Crawford
Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:07 pm
by brownlavender
just think of the possibilities if this is indeed true. D Brown's senior year, A mature Frease, A solid backcourt with all these new guards coming in developing. X basketball just continues to rise to new levels and I must say it is very very exciting as a fan