This year's freshman class

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Lead Guitar
Posts: 622
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:03 pm
Contact:

This year's freshman class

Postby Lead Guitar » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:58 pm

In year's past we had the opportunity to see the freshmen in the summer league. The summer season is over in two weeks and I have not seen any of their names in the box scores. I know that Frease has been in Europe, but what about all of our guards? Have they been on campus? pick-up games at the Cintas Center? Have they been spotted?

I am not too interested in watching Northern KY and Miami and UC players at Woodward, so if anyone has a "heads-up" when or if any of our new guys will participate, please let us know.

The best rumors (only rumors) I have heard are McClean (might be a Torrye Braggs type center) has a good shot at starting at the center position over Love and Frease and that we may still see a surprise transfer in town for this season.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: This year's freshmen class

Postby Mr. Neutral » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:24 pm

You have to figure that Miller's got to find minutes for McLean somewhere, I'm just not sure where. I'd be very surprised if he jumped ahead of Love at the center spot, given Love's improvement last year, and that Love gives us legitimate length and shotblocking in the middle. McLean playing some at the C spot would allow Frease more time to develop if needed.

And I can't imagine McLean taking the PF spot away from Brown, either. Miller seems to have a LOT of options, so he could shuttle guys in and out, rotate guys among several positions, or match up certain lineups against certain teams or players.

I assume the surprise transfer would be Jordan Crawford, but nobody's figured out how Crawford can fit on the roster, seeing as how all of X's scholarships are accounted for, at least as of today.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
MuskieSuperFan
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:04 am
Contact:

Re: This year's freshmen class

Postby MuskieSuperFan » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:12 am

I'm concerned because I am hearing there may be some problems with Mark Lyons. Is anyone else hearing this? Something about a fight at the end of the school year that may make him not admissible? If that is the case, who becomes our Point Guard for next year? I hope this rumor is incorrect so if anyone has seen Mark Lyons around please update here...

Thanks
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they attack you, then you win.... Gandhi
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: This year's freshmen class

Postby Mr. Neutral » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:16 am

I don't recall any such issue w/Lyons. Are you sure you're not confusing him with possible recruit Kevin Parrom?
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
Lead Guitar
Posts: 622
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:03 pm
Contact:

Re: This year's freshmen class

Postby Lead Guitar » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:34 pm

But where are they? Have any of them made it to Cincinnati?
rickf
Posts: 770
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:21 pm
Contact:

Re: This year's freshmen class

Postby rickf » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:39 pm

My understanding is that McLean and Frease are/were out of the country playing
on all-star teams
sash19
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:57 pm
Contact:

Re: This year's freshman class

Postby sash19 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:08 pm

The freshman just arrived on campus on Saturday. They will make their debut either tomorrow night or Saturday.
Lead Guitar
Posts: 622
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:03 pm
Contact:

Re: This year's freshman class

Postby Lead Guitar » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:36 pm

That is good to hear. I am sure we will get a report from one or more of the regulars.
MuskieCinci
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: This year's freshman class

Postby MuskieCinci » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:32 pm

I was on campus today and I met Brian and Kenny. I was in the student center about to get Subway and they came up to me and introduced themselves. I didn't get a chance to talk to them though because they had their first college class today, but they both seemed like nice and polite guys. They will get their first action tonight in an open gym.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1616 guests