Page 1 of 2

Xavier book details

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:35 pm
by xaviertales
Thanks to muskieman for mentioning the book on Xavier basketball I just finished. I thought I'd provide a few details.

For those of you who don't know, I covered Xavier from 1996-2000 for The Enquirer and also covered the end of Pete's tenure (the NIT run, his leaving, Skip's arrival).

I spent about a year and a half interviewing more than 75 former players, coaches and staff members, collecting their favorite stories from when they were at Xavier. I talked to guys from the late 1940s through last season's seniors.

There are probably 250 or so stories in the book (I haven't counted them up yet) and 288 pages (14 chapters). I am trying to have the books in hand by late August.

One reason I am encouraging people to order them now is that once I decide how many to print (in two weeks), it is unlikely there will be a second run. So there will be a limited number of books available.

Anyway, it's been fun to work on. Seems like ages since I started the project. Hope you'll all enjoy it.

If you have questions, ask away ...

Michael Perry

Order at http://www.xaviertales.com

Re: Xavier book details

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:16 am
by gundun
Michael, I ordered a copy and look forward to reading it. However, my computer's security system warned me that your payment site wasn't secure.

Was that an oversight or an error on my part? I admit to being an old-timer and more a computer-user than an operator.

Re: Xavier book details

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:02 am
by xaviertales
I will check into that and let you know what I fund out.

Re: Xavier book details

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:05 am
by gundun
Thanks

Re: Xavier book details

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:37 am
by Mr. Neutral
I already ordered mine as well.

I'm particularly looking forward to the section on XU message boards and their moderators, and how they've been such a big part of Xavier's ever-growing popularity and recognition.

Kidding.

Re: Xavier book details

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:06 pm
by Masterofreality
Mr. Neutral wrote:I already ordered mine as well.

I'm particularly looking forward to the section on XU message boards and their moderators, and how they've been such a big part of Xavier's ever-growing popularity and recognition.

Kidding.
Kidding? Why?

I ordered my book specifically to read about the board moderator that A). Has had his own board, B). Became an admin of Musketeer Madness and C). Has a prominent on camera role in a certain episode of E- True Hollywood Story.

I thought that somehow there would be reflected glory on me since I used to have beers sold to me by said moderator at Dana Gardens and I might get a tiny mention.

My dreams have been dashed.

(but I didn't cancel my order).

Re: Xavier book details

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:36 pm
by Mr. Neutral
Don't worry, MOR, when the documentary "Musketeer Madness: The Untold Story" comes out, you'll get more than enough mentions.

Especially the part about how the Class of '72 had a GPA only slightly higher than their blood alcohol levels.

Re: Xavier book details

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:45 am
by tjkummer
I've ordered my copy, and forwarded the page to family and friends.

Re: Xavier book details

Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:18 pm
by muskieman
Mr. Neutral wrote:Don't worry, MOR, when the documentary "Musketeer Madness: The Untold Story" comes out, you'll get more than enough mentions.

Especially the part about how the Class of '72 had a GPA only slightly higher than their blood alcohol levels.
now wait a minute. our Blood alcohol levels were around 3.25 which would make us rather smart!

Re: Xavier book details

Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:06 pm
by xaviertales
gundun,

i talked to the folks who run the Web site regarding your security question. they said the landing page at http://www.xaviertales.com may not be secure but absolutely the page is where you place your order and provide info. not to worry.

mp