Page 1 of 1

NBA draft

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:24 pm
by Nocalmuskie
How good was Xavier's competition last year?

The Muskies faced five of the first eight picks in the draft: Beasley, Westbrook, Love, Gordon, Alexander.

Against their teams, the X-men went 3-1.

By the way, I would not trade any of these one-year college players for Burrell or Duncan.

Re: NBA draft

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:36 pm
by Mr. Neutral
Our schedule was fine, but we only got to play Love, Westbrook and Alexander because of how the NCAA draws worked out, not because we scheduled them.

Re: NBA draft

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:55 pm
by Brian Fantana
are all these other 6'8" forwards really that much better than Duncan?

Re: NBA draft

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:07 am
by Getreal
Not an A-10 player taken all night. This league still has a ways to go.

Re: NBA draft

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:02 am
by Mr. Neutral
Right. I thought Calathes would go 2nd round, and possibly Tyndale, JD, and/or Forbes, but......

Re: NBA draft

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:48 am
by muskieman
Glad to see the Bulls pick Rose and that I was right in my prediction. I will be surprised if OJ makes as big a splash as the first two guys.

The NBA draft is only worth it if you are a lottery pick or possibly a 1st rounder. Not going in the draft might be a blessing if a player has the right agent.