Page 1 of 2
Posey
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:24 am
by skyhops
One more for Posey and Xavier! I think Doc Rivers and Posey were the only guys shaking hands with the Lakers, classic.
Re: Posey
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:50 am
by muskieman
Garnett and other shook hands but congrats to James. Notice how he didn't try to horn in on the celebration but just stood off to the end and let others get the exposure. Boston better know how valuable he was to this championship.
Can anyone name the last Xavier player to wear a Boston uniform?
Re: Posey
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:34 pm
by XUBBall
Derek Strong
Re: Posey
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:03 pm
by Lead Guitar
It could also have been Michael Hawkins. I think he was a back-up PG for over a half a year. Not sure if it was before or after. I also think that Larry Sykes had a ten tenure with the Celts around the same time.
Re: Posey
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:49 pm
by Mr. Neutral
And the winner is Michael Hawkins!
Hawkins played in 29 games (11.2mpg) for the Celts in '96-'97.
Sykes played in 1 game (2 min.) in '95-'6.
Strong played in 70 games (19.2mpg) in '94-'95.
The above info is from a great site-
http://www.databasebasketball.com/playe ... ollege.htm
Re: Posey
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:51 pm
by passthepuck?
I think Brian Grant ended his lucrative NBA career as a Celtic.
Re: Posey
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:58 pm
by muskieman
Mike is right 96-97 pulled in a cool $1,458,529 while playing in the NBA with 4 teams. Signed with the European champs where he doubled that money, Anybody know his last team in the NBA?
Sikes was 1995-96
Strong 94-95
Grant never played for the Celtics. But he has all the money. About 106 million
Re: Posey
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:03 pm
by Mr. Neutral
<<I think Brian Grant ended his lucrative NBA career as a Celtic.>>
No, I checked Grant and every other Xavier player listed. He ended his career with the Suns.
Here's Grant's pro bio:
http://www.databasebasketball.com/playe ... =GRANTBR01
Re: Posey
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:12 pm
by passthepuck?
"During the summer of 2004, he was traded (along with Caron Butler, Lamar Odom and a future first-round draft pick) to the Lakers in exchange for Shaquille O'Neal. Grant was released the following off-season and signed with Phoenix. He was traded in the 2006 NBA Draft to the Boston Celtics with the rights to Rajon Rondo in exchange for a future first-round draft pick. After being waived by the Celtics on October 27, 2006, Grant formally announced his retirement."
Hate to go all lawyer on you, but based on the question, "wear a Celtic uniform," I think I am right.
Re: Posey
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:36 pm
by Mr. Neutral
Grant may have retired as a Celtic, but there's no indication he actually played in a game as a Celtic. So, if the only qualification is "wearing a Celtic uniform", I guess we could give a Celtics' replica jersey to Gary Lumpkin and that would count.
If you go to the '06-'07 Celtics listing, you won't find Grant's name.
http://www.nba.com/historical/search/index.jsp
If you check the NBA.com listing for Brian Grant, you won't find any "Boston" listing, either.
http://www.nba.com/historical/playerfil ... rian_grant
Therefore, while the Celtics may have been the last team to own his rights, he never played a minute of regular-season ball for the Celtics, nor is there any confirmation whatsoever that Grant actually wore a Celtics uniform during a practice, as he likely did not even participate in any before retiring.
I rest my case, pending any definite proof that B. Grant actually wore a Boston Celtics jersey during a regular-season game, or even a preseason practice.