http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/s ... id=3446170
Duke, pending the release of the final, confirmed schedule. Given that we lose our 3 senior starters/leaders, I think easing off on the schedule for this year is a decent idea. We'll still play Big Six teams (i.e., Virginia, K. State, etc.), but it might not be as daunting a schedule as this year's team was able to navigate.
X to face just one of Katz's preseason top 25
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
X to face just one of Katz's preseason top 25
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
XLFan
- Posts: 48
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:21 am
- Contact:
Re: X to face just one of Katz's preseason top 25
Sorry Mr. Neutral I hate to correct you, but K-State was deferred to next year. I don't know what Virginia has to offer this year, but Auburn should be better and Duke is always good, if not great.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: X to face just one of Katz's preseason top 25
At least one poster in a different thread had us playing KSU next year, but if that's not the case, I stand corrected (as do they).
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
Lead Guitar
- Posts: 622
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: X to face just one of Katz's preseason top 25
Moving K-State back a year has allowed us to add LSU to the schedule this year. With a new coach and a number of young players returning and playing on their court, I would expect it to be a difficult game.
No doubt Virginia at their place will be tough, especially with the way we beat them last year. I think by the end of the season, the 08-09 schedule will prove to be a challenging one for a team with seven new players.
No doubt Virginia at their place will be tough, especially with the way we beat them last year. I think by the end of the season, the 08-09 schedule will prove to be a challenging one for a team with seven new players.
-
AlamoCity
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:30 pm
- Contact:
Re: X to face just one of Katz's preseason top 25
The top 25 changes quickly after the start of the season - so we will see.
Others
http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/con ... CID=795213
http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/con ... CID=802853
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/vi ... p?t=419327
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegespo ... r-2008-09/
Remember who would have thought we would have accomplished what we did last year starting out of the top 25. I still think 09-10 will be the year.
Others
http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/con ... CID=795213
http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/con ... CID=802853
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/vi ... p?t=419327
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegespo ... r-2008-09/
Remember who would have thought we would have accomplished what we did last year starting out of the top 25. I still think 09-10 will be the year.
-
AlamoCity
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:30 pm
- Contact:
Re: X to face just one of Katz's preseason top 25
Don't forget Dick Vitale's picks for last year
http://sports.espn.go.com/dickvitale/07 ... top40.html
http://sports.espn.go.com/dickvitale/07 ... top40.html
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 939 guests
