Assuming the Celts win this thing, this will give JP two rings with two different teams, and he seems to be getting more valuable with time.
He seemed like he was on the verge of becoming a solid NBA starter in '02-'03, when he averaged 14.1 with Denver, and then again in '03-'04 when he averaged 13.7 with Memphis.
Then he goes to Miami, and comes off the bench in helping the Heat to the '06 title. Now, in his first season with the Celts, he seems to be an invaluable defensive and offensive spark off the bench, and a guy that the Lakers just don't have a matchup for.
JP's only 31, so, barring some bad luck with injuries, he could become the next Robert Horry, a guy who titles seem to follow around, and who hits big shots in big games.
Will Posey become the new Robert Horry?
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Will Posey become the new Robert Horry?
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26788
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Will Posey become the new Robert Horry?
James received a lot of good press last night from the announcers. One was saying how vital he was to the Boston success this year. NBA get ready for another guy named Brown.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
RONALD78
- Posts: 2156
- Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:34 am
- Contact:
Re: Will Posey become the new Robert Horry?
the salary NBA board under Boston says he had only a one year contract with Boston. I guess Boston can give him a raise or he may shop the market?????????/
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Will Posey become the new Robert Horry?
The Celtics would be crazy to let Posey walk away, unless he prices himself off the team.
Boston's a relatively old team, so they will be looking at retooling fairly quickly, but JP appears to have several good years left.
Boston's a relatively old team, so they will be looking at retooling fairly quickly, but JP appears to have several good years left.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26788
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Will Posey become the new Robert Horry?
maybe we see him in a Laker uniform when the lakers take the title next year.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Pierre Dracot
- Posts: 1298
- Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: Will Posey become the new Robert Horry?
You may be on to something, Muskieman. "The Loose Cannons," on KLAC in Los Angeles, four of the biggest Laker homers you will ever hear (one of them is Mychael Thompson, a former Laker player and current Laker announcer), today talked about who the team should trade for. Posey's name was mentioned proably 20 times during the three-hour program.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26788
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Will Posey become the new Robert Horry?
Pierre, It may never happen but I do have my sources.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1286 guests
