Page 1 of 1

Pre Season NIT Memory

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:01 pm
by xu koop scoop
1988-89 Pre Season NIT. Nov 18. #3 Louisville vs Xavier in season opener post Larkin era. At Riverfront Coliseum. 14,000 plus. Half Louisville fans or more. We won 85-83. Half the place went nuts. Kimbrough, Hill, Strong, Davenport, Jamal Walker et al.. I talked a BUNCH of friends into going. 6 of us bought Our 1st Season Tix within a day or two of that game. We had all attended games thru the Larkin years. Thinking the Pre Season NIT is long ago history, but without that game - that year - who knows if we had ever bought Season Tix. None of us were XU Grads. 3 of us kept Season Tix thru 2006. The other 3 still have them I think. One of us deceased recently. Anybody else at that game?

Re: Pre Season NIT Memory

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:17 pm
by DannyV76
Yes, I'll never forget it. I believe it was right after Byron had graduated and was wondering how good X might be without him. That game answered that question in spades.

Re: Pre Season NIT Memory

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:14 pm
by kyzrex
Yeah I was there too. Great memory.

Re: Pre Season NIT Memory

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:26 pm
by cfish
I was there as well. Didn’t Louisville go up something like 12-0 to start the game??