Page 1 of 1

Tre’s Shoulder

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:59 pm
by olsingledigit
Any word on Tre’s shoulder? It appeared he popped it out of the joint in the second half. He did come back in but was not as effective.

Re: Tre’s Shoulder

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:18 pm
by Theology73
He made at least one three and some free throws after returning, so it didn't appear to negatively impact his shooting.

Re: Tre’s Shoulder

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:51 pm
by kyzrex
He didn’t look like he was favoring it.

Re: Tre’s Shoulder

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:35 pm
by olsingledigit
Theology73 wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:18 pm
He made at least one three and some free throws after returning, so it didn't appear to negatively impact his shooting.
I am not a doctor and do not play one on tv but it seems that a shoulder that pops out is not a good thing for a shooter. I recall that Tre was being held back Some before the season for a “sore shoulder”. I think he might have missed the Oh State scrimmage for that reason. Just hope it doesn’t hurt his effectiveness.

Re: Tre’s Shoulder

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:17 pm
by lionelchalmers0
He did have a sore shoulder before the season and I believe it's a chronic issue.

I've worked in orthopedics and I'll tell you there's zero chance his shoulder "popped out" last night. Even a shoulder subluxation would sit a guy for several weeks, a dislocation probably 6 weeks plus if it's the shooting shoulder.

Re: Tre’s Shoulder

Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:36 am
by olsingledigit
lionelchalmers0 wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:17 pm
He did have a sore shoulder before the season and I believe it's a chronic issue.

I've worked in orthopedics and I'll tell you there's zero chance his shoulder "popped out" last night. Even a shoulder subluxation would sit a guy for several weeks, a dislocation probably 6 weeks plus if it's the shooting shoulder.
ThX for the info. I was going off of the announcers who also are not doctors. Well let’s hope he can keep it ok for the rest of the season.

Re: Tre’s Shoulder

Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:36 pm
by muskieman
it happened when he reached in and when he was on sidelines he had a towel over his face while Dave was working on him. His last foul was the same sort of grab and while he was coming off the floor he was pissed at the call but was not favoring his shoulder but was rubbing it later.

Re: Tre’s Shoulder

Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:35 pm
by olsingledigit
olsingledigit wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:36 am
lionelchalmers0 wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:17 pm
He did have a sore shoulder before the season and I believe it's a chronic issue.

I've worked in orthopedics and I'll tell you there's zero chance his shoulder "popped out" last night. Even a shoulder subluxation would sit a guy for several weeks, a dislocation probably 6 weeks plus if it's the shooting shoulder.
ThX for the info. I was going off of the announcers who also are not doctors. Well let’s hope he can keep it ok for the rest of the season.
I talked to my son-in-law who is my doctor (and an IU Grad, and a huge basketball fan) and he said the following: “Depends if it was an anterior or posterior dislocation. Posterior dislocation tends to tear labrum in which case return would be doubtful.”so he could return if it was anterior. So he might have popped it out.