Page 1 of 1

Burrell's worked out with the Nuggets

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:10 pm
by Mr. Neutral
http://media.www.dailytarheel.com/media ... 0863.shtml

It's buried in this article about North Carolina's Ty Lawson.

Re: Burrell's worked out with the Nuggets

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:51 am
by XUdenver
Considering how much defense the No-Guts actually play here, I think Burrell could be a great fit. Maybe something along the lines of Bruce Bowen, or Posey.

For those who don't know, Justin Cage also plays here locally for the Colorado 14'ers of the Devlopmental League. I think he averaged 12 and 6, at least last time I checked.

Re: Burrell's worked out with the Nuggets

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:00 am
by Mr. Neutral
We'd all like to see Stan find a spot in the NBA, but Bowen's 6'6", Posey's 6'7", and both are dangerous 3-pt. shooters. You don't find many 6'1" defensive stoppers who are also inconsistent shooters in the league.

Re: Burrell's worked out with the Nuggets

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:27 pm
by muskieman
Stan by history is not an inconsistent hitter. He had a bad shooting year by some standards his senior year. I am sure the shooting touch he had in prior years shows that he can be a scorer.

Re: Burrell's worked out with the Nuggets

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:07 pm
by Mr. Neutral
mm, Stan's FG% for his 4 years at X were 41%, 41%, 38% and 39%. His percentages from the 3-pt line were decent/good, but that's the college 3, and if you recall, he was VERY streaky.

I hope Stan finds a spot in the NBA (or overseas, for that matter), but his offense (or lack of) is going to be one thing that holds him back. His size will be another, as will his ballhandling.