Page 1 of 2

It's a yearly happening - transfers

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:18 pm
by jct1941
Lets look at JUST Xavier. Three years it was Randolph, two years ago it was Austin and London (and Sumner RS), last year it was Ekiyor and Davis being suspended, this year Ridder leaving and I assume Kent. Jones not even on the team. Now, it happens to every team so its nothing new. Every year there is 700+ transfers. Xavier has a very good roster that has 10 very good players so I think we will be fine. Go Xavier!

Re: It's a yearly happening - transfers

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:21 pm
by X-Expert
I think X will be more than fine next year but am very concerned about the year after. They will lose Tre, JP, Sean, Canter, and if Scruggs is as they say, he may be gone. Losing three highly touted recruits (after they had already signed on) is discouraging. The difference with these transfers is that they all left before even playing a second for X and no chance to replace them in the year that they left. That makes it a little tougher

Re: It's a yearly happening - transfers

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:36 pm
by harryfe
I too am very concerned about 2018. If we have a good year this year without a good class for 2018 could this mean Chris might accept a position if offered at a another big time school? I know, lots of speculation .

Re: It's a yearly happening - transfers

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:45 pm
by X-Expert
Does anyone know who X has for 2018. This doesn't look good for X but I'm sure I'm missing some recruits (or hope so). Looks like OSU is making a comeback:

http://verbalcommits.com/schools/xavier

Re: It's a yearly happening - transfers

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:15 pm
by harryfe
It seems Jake Walker is only verbal commit. He is a 2 star with no national ranking. But he is 7' 1"
http://verbalcommits.com/players/jake-walter

Re: It's a yearly happening - transfers

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:30 pm
by yellow20xd
Next few weeks may change the landscape of college basketball... Dan

Re: It's a yearly happening - transfers

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:14 pm
by X-Expert
It looks like they have 10 offers out there right now with one signing. X will have six scholarship players next year. better get some JUCOs or some real good Freshman.

Re: It's a yearly happening - transfers

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:13 pm
by lionelchalmers0
I'm not a huge fan of the 2018 draft class (or lackthereof) either but I'm not quite as scared as some of you. Remember that this 17 class is a core class (even without Ritter). Here's what we'll have in 18:

Q (now a team leader)
Bball Jones (expect he and Q to make huge jumps in 17)
Kaiser (senior leader with tons of experience)
Scruggs (he thinks he's 1-and-done but I doubt it)
Naji Marshall
Elias harden (both guys that should be ready to be full time starters and are high talent young players)
Kent?

So that's 5 starters, a sixth and maybe 7th man.
The recruit we do have will likely not be ready to contribute.

Def a transition year but 6 solid starters and id see a grad transfer and a couple of those Malcom Bernard/ gaston type players with experience coming in ready to play d and put in 10-12 minutes a game to round out an 8-9 man rotation for a top 25 (but not top 10) team.

Re: It's a yearly happening - transfers

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:00 pm
by X-lucidity
Nice recap by Lionel. Plus, Mack has his feelers out on quite a few talented kids. Jury is out on '18 class and no real reason to fret until we see the landscape after the Fall signing period ends. I say again: R-E-L-A-X and let's enjoy the start of Team95. I see Naji sliding into the exact role MB served last year and cracks the starting lineup by early Dec. Rest of the newcomers provide excellent depth. Getting pumped

Re: It's a yearly happening - transfers

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:12 pm
by Anti-Homer
harryfe wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:15 pm
It seems Jake Walker is only verbal commit. He is a 2 star with no national ranking. But he is 7' 1"
http://verbalcommits.com/players/jake-walter

Xjust offered a guy from Toledo who apparently is in 2-star territory, according to my son. This kind of speaks of the desperate state X is in, re: the class for 18.' i hope he says no, because I've heard thru the grapevine I may get a call. I'll go back to X and get a degree in Spelunking, and will be only the 2nd person at X to graduate with the major, after my mentor MM.