Page 1 of 2

2009 Recruit on campus?

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:45 am
by XUdenver
Saw on Rivals that a major recruit for 09 is slated to be on campus this weekend. Of course, without a subscription, I can't see who it is, so I wondered if anyone heard the rumor, or can confirm the identity??

Re: 2009 Recruit on campus?

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:13 am
by Mr. Neutral
I've got a paid subscription, but as it's "premium" content, I hate to cross that line.

Let's just say that a highly-ranked guard prospect said he'd "probably" visit X in the near future. He's definitely going to visit some other schools.

Re: 2009 Recruit on campus?

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:40 pm
by MillerTime
Mr Neutral, I have the same subscription, and you are mixing up the guy XUDenver is referring to with someone else. There IS someone on campus this weekend. There is also someone else coming in a couple weeks most likely. I'm not going to cross the premium line either. By the way, the premium info on rivals is well worth the $9.95 a month. I have no affiliations with the site...I know they put some good effort into the material and comments, and the moderator always responds to questions, even if he doesn't know the answer.

Re: 2009 Recruit on campus?

Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:37 am
by Mr. Neutral
Sorry for any confusion. I took a quick look at X's Rivals' site, and thought I had the same guy, but I could well be wrong.

Re: 2009 Recruit on campus?

Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:18 am
by MillerTime
Both guys, the one that is visiting this weekend, and the one that will most likely be here in a couple of weeks, are top targets.

Re: 2009 Recruit on campus?

Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:37 pm
by posaune
It's Kevin Parrom. Dustin Dow reported it in his blog.

Re: 2009 Recruit on campus?

Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:07 pm
by Mr. Neutral
Hope the coaches keep their dukes up!

Re: 2009 Recruit on campus?

Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:55 am
by pottymouth
You do realize that people that might cruise by here can read what you type?

Re: 2009 Recruit on campus?

Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:14 am
by Mr. Neutral
I also realize that the Parrom issue has already been discussed, at length, in another thread started by another poster, and, of course, the incident itself has been publicly reported in multiple sources. So, I'm not too worried about letting this particular cat out of the bag.

Plus, if and when Parrom commits to X, this is going to be even more public, and our UC friends are going to come by and question whether X is still on the same high ground that we say we are.

Re: 2009 Recruit on campus?

Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:34 am
by muskienick
One would also have to think that Book has a pretty firm handle on the Parrom situation. He probably knows what kind of kid he is and, more importantly, what kind of person the coach was in that unfortunate matter.