2009 Recruit on campus?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
XUdenver
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:44 pm
Contact:

2009 Recruit on campus?

Postby XUdenver » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:45 am

Saw on Rivals that a major recruit for 09 is slated to be on campus this weekend. Of course, without a subscription, I can't see who it is, so I wondered if anyone heard the rumor, or can confirm the identity??
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: 2009 Recruit on campus?

Postby Mr. Neutral » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:13 am

I've got a paid subscription, but as it's "premium" content, I hate to cross that line.

Let's just say that a highly-ranked guard prospect said he'd "probably" visit X in the near future. He's definitely going to visit some other schools.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
MillerTime
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:14 am
Contact:

Re: 2009 Recruit on campus?

Postby MillerTime » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:40 pm

Mr Neutral, I have the same subscription, and you are mixing up the guy XUDenver is referring to with someone else. There IS someone on campus this weekend. There is also someone else coming in a couple weeks most likely. I'm not going to cross the premium line either. By the way, the premium info on rivals is well worth the $9.95 a month. I have no affiliations with the site...I know they put some good effort into the material and comments, and the moderator always responds to questions, even if he doesn't know the answer.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: 2009 Recruit on campus?

Postby Mr. Neutral » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:37 am

Sorry for any confusion. I took a quick look at X's Rivals' site, and thought I had the same guy, but I could well be wrong.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
MillerTime
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:14 am
Contact:

Re: 2009 Recruit on campus?

Postby MillerTime » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:18 am

Both guys, the one that is visiting this weekend, and the one that will most likely be here in a couple of weeks, are top targets.
posaune
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: 2009 Recruit on campus?

Postby posaune » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:37 pm

It's Kevin Parrom. Dustin Dow reported it in his blog.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: 2009 Recruit on campus?

Postby Mr. Neutral » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:07 pm

Hope the coaches keep their dukes up!
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
pottymouth
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:06 pm
Contact:

Re: 2009 Recruit on campus?

Postby pottymouth » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:55 am

You do realize that people that might cruise by here can read what you type?
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: 2009 Recruit on campus?

Postby Mr. Neutral » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:14 am

I also realize that the Parrom issue has already been discussed, at length, in another thread started by another poster, and, of course, the incident itself has been publicly reported in multiple sources. So, I'm not too worried about letting this particular cat out of the bag.

Plus, if and when Parrom commits to X, this is going to be even more public, and our UC friends are going to come by and question whether X is still on the same high ground that we say we are.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
muskienick
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:28 pm
Contact:

Re: 2009 Recruit on campus?

Postby muskienick » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:34 am

One would also have to think that Book has a pretty firm handle on the Parrom situation. He probably knows what kind of kid he is and, more importantly, what kind of person the coach was in that unfortunate matter.
Fathers James Hoff and Michael Graham, AD Mike Bobinski, and Head Coaches Staak, Gillen, Prosser, Matta, Miller, & Mack represent a Golden Era of Xavier Men's Basketball. AD Christopher and Head Coach Steele will bring us to an even higher level!

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 940 guests