Page 1 of 7

Kent. Jones situation

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:05 pm
by jct1941
Is anyone wondering why he was removed from the roster? If I missed something about him does anyone know his status?

Re: Kent. Jones situation

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:04 pm
by oldhoopster2
What roster are you looking at? The roster on this site still shows last year's team.

Re: Kent. Jones situation

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:06 pm
by mumuskie87
Yep..he is not listed on X's official athletic website.
Either a clerical oversight or something more ominous, i.e eligibility issues.

http://www.goxavier.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

Re: Kent. Jones situation

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:17 pm
by Shadow
mumuskie87 wrote:Yep..he is not listed on X's official athletic website.
Either a clerical oversight or something more ominous, i.e eligibility issues.

http://www.goxavier.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball
OR. He has yet to arrive on campus - reason unknown.

Re: Kent. Jones situation

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:57 am
by jct1941
Shadow - Verbal Commits still has him listed (but VC also states that he has arrived on campus and ADDED to the roster) so something has to be going on with him. I was just wondering why he was on and then off the official roster. Mystery! Go Xavier!

Re: Kent. Jones situation

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:11 am
by Shadow
jct1941 wrote:Shadow - Verbal Commits still has him listed (but VC also states that he has arrived on campus and ADDED to the roster) so something has to be going on with him. I was just wondering why he was on and then off the official roster. Mystery! Go Xavier!
Being facetious, Chicken Little said the sky was falling but that didn't happen either. I also follow VC daily but would prefer verification from X.




l

Re: Kent. Jones situation

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:26 am
by jct1941
Shadow - I was not trying to be facetious and I too would like to hear something from XU. Go Xavier!

Re: Kent. Jones situation

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:01 pm
by Shadow
jct1941 wrote:Shadow - I was not trying to be facetious and I too would like to hear something from XU. Go Xavier!
But I was trying to be. Wasn't directed toward you, jct .

Re: Kent. Jones situation

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:47 pm
by muskieman
jct1941 wrote:Is anyone wondering why he was removed from the roster? If I missed something about him does anyone know his status?
He was suppose to have one class which will end in August and then he would be qualified. My guess on the premature listing on roster was it was a error by someone posting the names. My guess is to look at the roster after the 19th of August.

Re: Kent. Jones situation

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:33 pm
by jct1941
thanks Muskieman - that makes a lot of sense. Go Xavier!