Page 1 of 2

Armon Bassett to the Muskies?

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:43 am
by HighlightReel12
Rumor has it that former IU point guard Armon Bassett is very interested in Xavier. I wish we could free up a scholarship for him some how because the would be the missing piece. Bassett obviously has experience and would fit right in.

Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:58 am
by Mr. Neutral
Is he immediately eligible, or would he be an '09 guy?

Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:10 am
by Masterofreality
Its a transfer, no matter what the circumstances are.

He'd have to sit out a year. Hell, how many point guards can we stand?

Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:18 pm
by muskieman
Bassett doesn't go to 2 meetings and is thrown off the team??? I wonder if that is all he did to get thrown off the team. I can see running stairs and other punishments before being thrown off the team.

This is just a rumor and without a link I will continue to be a skeptic.

Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:29 pm
by Mr. Neutral
I think I mentioned this before, but IU sources/observers were saying that Bassett and Ellis wanted to quit after Sampson was forced out, but that IU persuaded them to stay by saying they'd get their release at the end of the season.

Then IU/Dakich decided to take a harder line and found a reason to dismiss both players.

Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:44 am
by HighlightReel12
He wouldn't get thrown off the team and personally I think he would be a good addition because he has 2 years experience at the point guard spot in the BIG 10 which is a lot tougher than the A10. I think he would have to sit out a year. He actually was recruited by Xavier as a high school senior but decided to go to Hargrave one year to get his grades up is what I heard. But it probably won't happen unless AD leaves the team or something freak happens with out incoming recruits because we have no scholarship available to give him.

Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:52 pm
by MillerTime
No chance. PG is already full. Pre-holloway, this would have been an option.

Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:23 pm
by Mr. Neutral
I'm sure I'll forget somebody, but we've got 13 guys on scholarship for next year. Is the number 13 or 14?

Anderson
Brown
Graves
Jackson
Love
McLean
Raymond
Taylor
Frease
Holloway
Redford
Lyons
Walsh

Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:26 pm
by MillerTime
13 is the number...

Bassett will not be a muskie.

Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:40 pm
by Mr. Neutral
There's the odd chance Bassett could forego a scholarship for a year, but I admit it's not something I'd put much money on. I'm sure he'll have a lot of other choices available to him.