Page 1 of 2

As if we needed more to hate Georgetown

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:18 pm
by muskieman
ESPN.com Jeff Goodman just reported per a source that Georgetown put out feelers for Chris Mack to fill their coaching vacancy at $4 million a year - and also that Mack is staying at Xavier

Re: As if we needed more to hate Georgetown

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:10 pm
by muskieman
Adam Zagoria‏ hearing Tommy Amaker as the next top option at Georgetown.

Re: As if we needed more to hate Georgetown

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:17 pm
by edgecliff hall
Why should we hate Georgetown? What am I missing?

Re: As if we needed more to hate Georgetown

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:43 pm
by muskieman
edgecliff hall wrote:Why should we hate Georgetown? What am I missing?
Hate is probably too strong a word but dislike seemed like pablum. Open to suggestions.

Why we should dislike/hate them is trying to steal our coach weakening X and strengthening them is good enough for me.

Re: As if we needed more to hate Georgetown

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:31 am
by ChitownSteve
How about "to possess an animus toward Georgetown" or "an antipathy against the Hoyas"?

The Lit and English guys can correct or supplement these terms.

Heck, as a DePaul fan from way back, I just detested Georgetown.

Re: As if we needed more to hate Georgetown

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:32 am
by muskieman
ChitownSteve wrote:How about "to possess an animus toward Georgetown" or "an antipathy against the Hoyas"?

The Lit and English guys can correct or supplement these terms.

Heck, as a DePaul fan from way back, I just detested Georgetown.
HAHA Old anti and sky would have a field day with me using "animus" in a sentence...of course they would lead it in another direction. I do like "detest" but then "Edgecliff" would never have responded.

Re: As if we needed more to hate Georgetown

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:40 am
by True_Blue
So, I am concerned that another Jesuit University can somehow afford $4M and we cannot...

Their attendance is not good....

Discuss...

Re: As if we needed more to hate Georgetown

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:19 am
by Gorilla '69
True_Blue wrote:So, I am concerned that another Jesuit University can somehow afford $4M and we cannot...

Their attendance is not good....

Discuss...
Excellant point, True.
I have a problem with a school within the league would "tamper" with a coach in the same league who is still under contract. I hope the AD tells them to f off!

Re: As if we needed more to hate Georgetown

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:24 pm
by Jesseandrippers
edgecliff hall wrote:Why should we hate Georgetown? What am I missing?
Intra-conference coach recruiting is bush league.

Re: As if we needed more to hate Georgetown

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:06 pm
by mumuskie87
Jesseandrippers wrote:
edgecliff hall wrote:Why should we hate Georgetown? What am I missing?
Intra-conference coach recruiting is bush league.
Concur, especially when it's a current coach in the league.
There are coaches that have gone to another school in the same conference but usually some time has passed before they made the move.
I.e Pearl from TN to Auburn via show-cause penalty
Spurrier from Fla to SC via Washington Redskins.