The Dayton Flyers have hired Anthony Grant as their new Head Coach to replace Archie Miller.
Grant played for UD from '83-'87. He also served as VCU Coach from 2006-09 and Alabama Coach from 2009-15. The last two seasons he has served as an Oklahoma City Thunder Assistant.
Flyers Hire Anthony Grant
-
ChitownSteve
- Posts: 2046
- Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:45 am
- Contact:
-
26+6=1
- Posts: 201
- Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:56 pm
- Contact:
Re: Flyers Hire Anthony Grant
If he was interested, Tom Crean would have been a much better pick. As it is now, Crean could be looking at the GW position.
I'd rather see him at Dayton.
26+6=1
I'd rather see him at Dayton.
26+6=1
-
skyhops
- Posts: 3926
- Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
- Contact:
Re: Flyers Hire Anthony Grant
My sources were correct again. Actually a good hire. They could have never landed him a few years ago.
-
PaulHickey
- Posts: 107
- Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:36 am
- Contact:
Re: Flyers Hire Anthony Grant
I thought Groce would have been the best choice. Illinois had (I think) a fairly highly touted recruiting class. I like Groce and he has deep midwest roots - The fighting Illini basketball program has been a mess for quite some time.
Man...UD fans do a lot of bitchin' about not being the in BE. Screw those punks...
Go Xavier!
Man...UD fans do a lot of bitchin' about not being the in BE. Screw those punks...
Go Xavier!
-
bluegrass
- Posts: 3411
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:32 pm
- Contact:
Re: Flyers Hire Anthony Grant
He's a UD guy so it makes sense.
-
skyhops
- Posts: 3926
- Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
- Contact:
Re: Flyers Hire Anthony Grant
Groce is not a great recruiter. Mrs Hops is a UD grad but I converted her to XU fan.
-
MOSQUETERO
- Posts: 1318
- Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:54 pm
- Contact:
Re: Flyers Hire Anthony Grant
There seems to be quite a few doubters on the flyer boards who are not totally sold on Grant.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26785
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Flyers Hire Anthony Grant
Congrats, you did something right! Hope it is not the only time.skyhops wrote:Groce is not a great recruiter. Mrs Hops is a UD grad but I converted her to XU fan.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
skyhops
- Posts: 3926
- Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
- Contact:
Re: Flyers Hire Anthony Grant
I'm a work in progress. AH hooked me up with his shrink!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26785
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Flyers Hire Anthony Grant
The one that diagnosed him with delusions of grandeur?skyhops wrote:I'm a work in progress. AH hooked me up with his shrink!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 607 guests
