Page 1 of 1
DOES ANYONE KNOW
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:11 pm
by edgecliff hall
What Xavier's cut will be from the Big East TV tourney payout?
(As long as we're talkin' all this gross-out coach dough.)
Re: DOES ANYONE KNOW
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:19 pm
by tacitus
Our record was 6-7, which is 13 games.
This means that we earned 13 "units". Each unit is worth AT LEAST $1.5 million paid out over 6 years.
The conference will probably earn at least $20 million and these funds (I believe) are distributed evenly in the Big East.
Our cut will therefore be over $2 million or $333,000 per year for 6 years.
Note that we will also receive our cuts for 2016 (12 units), 2015 (11 units), 2014 (6 units), 2013 (?), and 2012 (?).
I think another extension to 2024 with at least a $200,000 per year raise is doable...
Re: DOES ANYONE KNOW
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:36 pm
by edgecliff hall
Thank you most noble Roman, for the good news.
Re: DOES ANYONE KNOW
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:02 am
by tacitus
edgecliff hall wrote:Thank you most noble Roman, for the good news.
Just bear in mind that every word I utter contains a morsel of irony and serves to critique the decadence that surrounds me.

Re: DOES ANYONE KNOW
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:09 am
by edgecliff hall
Irony. I get it. I get it.
Re: DOES ANYONE KNOW
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:28 pm
by gundun
Doesn't the league office get a cut and the team involved get an extra cut? That would mean 12 cuts. Also, isn't an Elite Eight game worth more than a play-in game?
Re: DOES ANYONE KNOW
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:33 pm
by Shadow
edgecliff hall wrote:Thank you most noble Roman, for the good news.
Et tu!
Re: DOES ANYONE KNOW
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:44 pm
by tacitus
gundun wrote:Doesn't the league office get a cut and the team involved get an extra cut? That would mean 12 cuts. Also, isn't an Elite Eight game worth more than a play-in game?
Each game equals one unit, win or lose. Final Four and Championship games do not count as units, though!
Do not know exactly how the Big East divides. They are encouraged to divide evenly amongst all members, but not all conferences do, and most conferences do keep a cut for conference expenses. This is one reason I am understimating the total. The total per unit could be as much as $1.8 million now, but I have not seen any data yet.