Page 1 of 2
The new coach of Dayton is?
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:46 am
by PaulHickey
I'm sure many on this board could give a hoot, but I am very interested to see who's next in line for the Cryers. They had a very senior heavy team, and one would think that they'll lose a couple of key recruits. I was a bit relieved that Archie took the job; the friendly folks in Bloomington would have surely called Ice Mack if he refused. I cannot stand Indiana basketball, and Archie will have his work cut out for him. Some superfans on Indiana's chatboard are disappointed with Archie already! I've read that none of the assistants are prepared and there's pretty slim pickin's on the open market. Could it possibly be Tom Crean? The feelings of losing your head coach are all too real, which begs the question - who's next in line for us?
Still smiling after our terrific run. Way to go boys!
Go Xavier!
Re: The new coach of Dayton is?
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:35 am
by skyhops
Anthony Grant
Re: The new coach of Dayton is?
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:58 am
by brockman231
Travis Steele
Re: The new coach of Dayton is?
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:26 am
by Murph85
They are screwed and it does not bother me a bit. Stuck in a league that bleeds the decent coaches and the entire, not just a few, recruits will go elsewhere.
After the crap they pulled over the years, I could care less about that program. Let them keep getting their F XU tee shirts and wish they had a program like X
For what it is worth it was icing on the cake that Miller taking the job precluded any chance of Mack leaving this year.
Re: The new coach of Dayton is?
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:09 pm
by 26+6=1
After the release of how much UD paid Archie and how much they offered him to stay, I wouldn't hasten to predict how long Mack will stay.
I haven't always been his fan as a coach but I would certainly advocate a nice raise for him just out of fairness. It is an embarrassment that UD exceeded the salary that Chris is making.
26+6=1
Re: The new coach of Dayton is?
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:26 pm
by brockman231
Murph85 wrote:They are screwed and it does not bother me a bit. Stuck in a league that bleeds the decent coaches and the entire, not just a few, recruits will go elsewhere.
After the crap they pulled over the years, I could care less about that program. Let them keep getting their F XU tee shirts and wish they had a program like X
For what it is worth it was icing on the cake that Miller taking the job precluded any chance of Mack leaving this year.
Mack loses out on $4 million a year and that makes you Happy?
Re: The new coach of Dayton is?
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:16 pm
by Xavier2005
one of the reasons Xavier will never be a winner year to year.............cannot hold onto a great coach for life....a revolving door for other schools
Re: The new coach of Dayton is?
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:29 pm
by Murph85
brockman231 wrote:Murph85 wrote:They are screwed and it does not bother me a bit. Stuck in a league that bleeds the decent coaches and the entire, not just a few, recruits will go elsewhere.
After the crap they pulled over the years, I could care less about that program. Let them keep getting their F XU tee shirts and wish they had a program like X
For what it is worth it was icing on the cake that Miller taking the job precluded any chance of Mack leaving this year.
Mack loses out on $4 million a year and that makes you Happy?
No I trust X is doing everything to make Mack as happy to be here as possible. In no way an I glad he missed an opportunity for more cash and I don't think there will be a shortage of suitors next year or after. He will again have to decide between staying home for Xavier money or moving his family for an extra million or two.
Re: The new coach of Dayton is?
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:14 pm
by longliveskip
Xavier2005 wrote:one of the reasons Xavier will never be a winner year to year.............cannot hold onto a great coach for life....a revolving door for other schools
really? we aren't "winning" year in and year out? when's the last losing season we had? are you a 2005 grad? just asking by your username? i ask because you've been spoiled ever since you started at X. some of us other fans remember the mid 90's when we struggled after joining the A-10.
i guess i'm just wondering what your definition of "winner year to year".
Re: The new coach of Dayton is?
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:15 pm
by xu koop scoop
Has Pat Kelsey signed anywhere since welching out on the UMass job - because I pick him. Our top assistant, Travis Steele, makes sense too.
To all the Flyer haters, I am 65 & grew up rooting for Dayton & UC & Xavier. It was a pleasure to see so many Dayton games on Channel 7 (or was it 2) before Cable TV. I enjoyed Dayton taking on UCLA for the National Championship. Yes, the F** Xavier shirts & demeanor towards Chris Mack's wife
has surely dampened things, but I miss playing Dayton just like I miss playing Miami of Ohio. To all the Cryer haters, forgiveness is a virtue.