Page 1 of 1

Oregon 1939 Gonzaga and South Carolina zero and zero

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:51 pm
by Xavier2005
This will be a special Final Four to some degree. Oregon won the first NCAA Tournament in 1939 and has not been back since...78 years later they are back to the FF. Whereas , Gonzaga and South Carolina are zero and zero ..never been to the FF. ( I am not positive on this, but but I thought I heard that NOT counting the games in 2017 , the last time that South Carolina won an NCAA tournament game was 44 years ago.)

Re: Oregon 1939 Gonzaga and South Carolina zero and zero

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:22 pm
by olsingledigit
Adding to the facts, the first championship which Oregon won was played at Northwestern who made the tournament for the first time this year. Finally Oregon played and lost the first football playoff in 2004 to Ohio State. In 1939 Oregon beat Ohio State to win the first basketball championship.