Page 1 of 1

A Record for Xavier?

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:56 pm
by Gorilla '69
WHEN Xavier beats the Zags, they will have beaten seed #'s 6-3-2 and 1. Those numbers total 12. Has any team made the FF with that low of a number?
I think I heard a stat that they are the second team ever to make the Elite 8 having beaten team with seeds no higher than 6.

Re: A Record for Xavier?

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:18 pm
by mumuskie87
Gorilla '69 wrote:WHEN Xavier beats the Zags, they will have beaten seed #'s 6-3-2 and 1. Those numbers total 12. Has any team made the FF with that low of a number?
I think I heard a stat that they are the second team ever to make the Elite 8 having beaten team with seeds no higher than 6.
Saw it mentioned on Channel 5 last night that LSU did the same in 1986. They were an 11 as well. As as 11, they would have played the same seeds as X has so far - 6, then 3, then 2 and now a 1
They beat Purdue (6), Memphis St (3), Ga Tech (2) and UK (1) to reach the F4.
Got beat by U of L in the National Semi's and U Of L beat Duke for the NC.