Bluiett NOT top 75 prospect???

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
tjxu97
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:59 am
Contact:

Bluiett NOT top 75 prospect???

Postby tjxu97 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:02 am

Jesseandrippers
Posts: 1124
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Bluiett NOT top 75 prospect???

Postby Jesseandrippers » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:39 am

After he drops 30 on Zona, I doubt he stays off any of these lists.
brockman231
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Bluiett NOT top 75 prospect???

Postby brockman231 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:33 am

Who is he going to guard in the NBA? I love the run he is on now, but let's not get carried away. A streaky shooter who can't defend isn't going to get much attention from the NBA
X-Expert
Posts: 2189
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:12 pm
Contact:

Re: Bluiett NOT top 75 prospect???

Postby X-Expert » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:40 am

Tre is a great college basketball player but unfortunately his size, quickness, are a dime a dozen in the NBA. I don't think he has anything else to prove in college but it will be tough for him to make the NBA. he would really have to find the perfect fit. Sumner was kind of a freakish athlete which was why he was much higher. Tre has better true basketball skills than Ed but the upside is so much higher for Ed. If you look at this list, you can point to many and see that Tre is a better college player. Ironically, I would have him pretty even with Kris Jenkins who is on this list (albeit the back part). I kind of compare this to James Posey/Lenny Brown. LB was a better college player who can do much more but his size (I realize much smaller than Tre) did not put him on anyone's list. Heck he was in the Wooden award conversation. Posey had the body for the NBA. If you recall, Posey couldn't shoot a 3 in college but became a decent 3 point shooter in the NBA.
N67ER
Posts: 560
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Bluiett NOT top 75 prospect???

Postby N67ER » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:32 am

brockman231 wrote:Who is he going to guard in the NBA? I love the run he is on now, but let's not get carried away. A streaky shooter who can't defend isn't going to get much attention from the NBA
I'll concede that Tre has trouble guarding quick and athletic guards, but he neutralized Nigel Hayes last year - and has done well against larger 3's and 4's. But also agree that he does not appear to have the foot speed to play in the NBA - unless he finds a niche role as a spot up shooter. He does have a very quick and effective release from distance.

Certainly wish him a long and successful pro career somewhere.
xu koop scoop
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Bluiett NOT top 75 prospect???

Postby xu koop scoop » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:34 am

I hope TRE drops at least 20 on Arizona & we win - which will give him even more exposure. I plan to look up some of his stats that would relate
to defense - such as rebounds, blocks & steals. He seems to be a better defender to me than most will give credit for. Chalmers & Sato both got drafted when we made our Elite 8 in 2004 . Though neither panned out as good NBA players, I think that Elite 8 run helped them get drafted.
How hard TRE is willing to work to become NBA caliber will make a difference. Aaron Williams, who as a Freshman helped us beat GTown to get to our 1st Sweet 16, was a good - but not great XU player. He worked his butt off & had a few good years in the NBA. James Posey, who was the
6th man on our team as a Freshman & Sophmore, became a very good NBA player. Steph Curry was great at Davidson, but even the NBA had no idea how great he could be as he did attend little Davidson. I think it comes down to this - does TRE have the heart & ambition to become a good NBA player. I hope the young man can make the very best of the opportunities he will be given. Mostly I hope we beat Zona.
mumuskie87
Posts: 12160
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
Contact:

Re: Bluiett NOT top 75 prospect???

Postby mumuskie87 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:52 pm

Well I guess Tre's NBA career opportunity is kaput because Howard Megdal doesn't have him in his top 75.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
Anti-Homer
Posts: 7018
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Bluiett NOT top 75 prospect???

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:52 pm

mumuskie87 wrote:Well I guess Tre's NBA career opportunity is kaput because Howard Megdal doesn't have him in his top 75.
He is showing that he can be an elite shooter and that he can beat NBA caliber athletes off the dribble (eg. several guys at FSU). He's also a great rebounder for his size, an improved dribbler, and defender. He obviously lacks athleticism, and is a classic "tweener," but there are other guys in the NBA (eg. Sean Kilp of UC) who made it with similar handicaps. I'm not sure if he gets drafted, but I think he'll get a great shot, and eventually stick with someone. I'd love for him to go to a great system team like San Antonio.
mumuskie87
Posts: 12160
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
Contact:

Re: Bluiett NOT top 75 prospect???

Postby mumuskie87 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:37 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
mumuskie87 wrote:Well I guess Tre's NBA career opportunity is kaput because Howard Megdal doesn't have him in his top 75.
He is showing that he can be an elite shooter and that he can beat NBA caliber athletes off the dribble (eg. several guys at FSU). He's also a great rebounder for his size, an improved dribbler, and defender. He obviously lacks athleticism, and is a classic "tweener," but there are other guys in the NBA (eg. Sean Kilp of UC) who made it with similar handicaps. I'm not sure if he gets drafted, but I think he'll get a great shot, and eventually stick with someone. I'd love for him to go to a great system team like San Antonio.
There is a place in the NBA for a guy that can make 3's.
NBA has turned into a 3 point shooting league.
Look at the career stats of one Al Horford - 1st 8 years he shot a grand total 65 3's. Made a little over 32%.
Last 2 years he has shot a total of 475 3's and has made 35%.
I think if Tre gets with the right team, he can make a living in the NBA. Not a star but a solid guy off the bench.
Wonder if Brad Stevens would want him in his system.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 773 guests