Page 1 of 2
Cintas Center and NIT
Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:11 pm
by XU Captain
I asked around this morning and found out Xavier will not be able to host in the Cintas Center if they receive a chance to host an NIT game in the first round. They are calling around the area looking for a place to host. Does this mean Fifth Third Arena? Anyone heard?
Re: Cintas Center and NIT
Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:15 pm
by XU Captain
It makes no sense to me someone in the Xavier administration did not have the wisdom to not begin work on the Cintas Center until after all the postseason tournaments were complete.
Re: Cintas Center and NIT
Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:49 pm
by thecoach
Riverfront Coliseum.
Re: Cintas Center and NIT
Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:09 pm
by Gorilla '69
They supposedly started work on the renovation of UC's dump today
Re: Cintas Center and NIT
Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:13 pm
by Gorilla '69
XU Captain wrote:It makes no sense to me someone in the Xavier administration did not have the wisdom to not begin work on the Cintas Center until after all the postseason tournaments were complete.
I would hope that means that one or more people in the administration was saying they don't want a stinkin' Not In Tournament game!!
Re: Cintas Center and NIT
Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:16 pm
by xu koop scoop
Nku goes 12-6 in horizon & 21-10 overall. They can host X in 1st round. NIT & guarantee X at least 1,000 seats. Seriously. Be good for cincinnati area & good for NIT. Remember how eXcited we were in early 1980s to host Ohio St in NIT. Give NKU a chance. I am starting to despise college bball because the biggest leagues wont risk great matchups like this for fear of losing. Remember robert morris beating UK in NIT because Rupp Arena was unavailable. Make the sport great again.
Re: Cintas Center and NIT
Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:33 pm
by XU Captain
xu koop scoop wrote:Nku goes 12-6 in horizon & 21-10 overall. They can host X in 1st round. NIT & guarantee X at least 1,000 seats. Seriously. Be good for cincinnati area & good for NIT. Remember how eXcited we were in early 1980s to host Ohio St in NIT. Give NKU a chance. I am starting to despise college bball because the biggest leagues wont risk great matchups like this for fear of losing. Remember robert morris beating UK in NIT because Rupp Arena was unavailable. Make the sport great again.
You must know someone inside because not an hour ago I was told preparations are being made for a Xavier/NKU possible NIT game over at NKU's new gym. How many does it seat? Xavier would bring 5,000 or 6,000 fans I would like to think. It would be like a home game for the Muskies in some ways since I am led to believe NKU does not have much of a fan base.
Re: Cintas Center and NIT
Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:36 pm
by XU Captain
I was told by the Xavier insider UC is going to play their home games at NKU's gym next year. I wonder if they asked Xavier about playing at Cintas?
Re: Cintas Center and NIT
Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:54 pm
by Anti-Homer
XU Captain wrote:xu koop scoop wrote:Nku goes 12-6 in horizon & 21-10 overall. They can host X in 1st round. NIT & guarantee X at least 1,000 seats. Seriously. Be good for cincinnati area & good for NIT. Remember how eXcited we were in early 1980s to host Ohio St in NIT. Give NKU a chance. I am starting to despise college bball because the biggest leagues wont risk great matchups like this for fear of losing. Remember robert morris beating UK in NIT because Rupp Arena was unavailable. Make the sport great again.
You must know someone inside because not an hour ago I was told preparations are being made for a Xavier/NKU possible NIT game over at NKU's new gym. How many does it seat? Xavier would bring 5,000 or 6,000 fans I would like to think. It would be like a home game for the Muskies in some ways since I am led to believe NKU does not have much of a fan base.
Someone pinch me and wake me up. Christmas was only 3 mos again. Are you telling me it may happen again in March? If we win, do we play St. Ignatius on the west side of Cincy in round two. We could probably get at least a 30% share of the Split The Pot collection.
Re: Cintas Center and NIT
Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:43 pm
by XU Captain
Someone pinch me and wake me up. Christmas was only 3 mos again. Are you telling me it may happen again in March? If we win, do we play St. Ignatius on the west side of Cincy in round two. We could probably get at least a 30% share of the Split The Pot collection.[/quote]
We get the sarcasm. But Xavier will need the support in the NIT just like any other tournament. As for revenue, I have no idea how that is split between teams in the NIT. If Xavier plays at NKU, I would think Xavier will get a road stipend even if the NKU gym is just 20 minutes from campus.