Page 1 of 1
Soooo bad...X now a final four in, a play in at Dayton...that is bad...
Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:12 pm
by Xavier2005
Finally being recognized as among the last four in, if at all.....a real bubble team per ESPN brackets on March 2, 2017
Re: Soooo bad...X now a final four in, a play in at Dayton...that is bad...
Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:26 pm
by thecoach
That's the first thing i've seen that makes some sense. Ha. I love the rpi, we're 35th and marquette is 58th. They've spanked us twice. You think?
Re: Soooo bad...X now a final four in, a play in at Dayton...that is bad...
Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:29 pm
by X-lucidity
I would say, if season ended today, X would and should be left out. Fortunately the season does not end today. I am traveling to New York for the BE tourney, and while hopeful, I am far from optimistic. Let's be blunt - this team is a hot mess.....
- Lousy defense with overall poor team speed & quickness plus a general lack of awareness.
- Lack of quality depth.
- Poor shooting %'s by those that take the most shots.
- Crumbling team psychology. (quick to panic or attempt to do things outside of a player's comfort zone)
- Post play is inconsistent & limited at best.
- Team totally dependent upon a well intentioned but Freshman PG who comes from a rural KY high school league.
* In short, we are easy to prepare for from an opponent's defensive strategy standpoint yet we are limited in our ability to shut down opposing offenses. Not a coveted position to be in.
Life goes on, and as I said before many times, this is why we cherish the great years. A fan is always a fan through thick & thin.
Re: Soooo bad...X now a final four in, a play in at Dayton...that is bad...
Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:44 pm
by Xavier2005
CEOs and Coaches always want bonuses and increases in salaries and contract extensions for doing well......why shouldn't there be salary reductions, no bonuses, no extensions, etc for poor performances??? You say it is not the coaches fault???? Then it is not the coaches fault for winning also??? lol.
Re: Soooo bad...X now a final four in, a play in at Dayton...that is bad...
Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:59 pm
by bluegrass
thecoach wrote:That's the first thing i've seen that makes some sense. Ha. I love the rpi, we're 35th and marquette is 58th. They've spanked us twice. You think?
This team is proof that RPI is very misleading.We've played a good schedule but if you don't beat any of the teams,does it really matter? I can't believe we're still in.That could end Saturday.Now it looks like we could play DePaul again Wednesday.What if we beat them once and lose to them once?
Re: Soooo bad...X now a final four in, a play in at Dayton...that is bad...
Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:56 pm
by MOSQUETERO
bluegrass wrote:thecoach wrote:That's the first thing i've seen that makes some sense. Ha. I love the rpi, we're 35th and marquette is 58th. They've spanked us twice. You think?
This team is proof that RPI is very misleading.We've played a good schedule but if you don't beat any of the teams,does it really matter? I can't believe we're still in.That could end Saturday.Now it looks like we could play DePaul again Wednesday.What if we beat them once and lose to them once?
If we're only going to beat them once I'd rather beat them this Sat as that leaves our conference record at 9-9 but if we lose to them that leaves our conference mark at 8-10. We are definitely playing them twice in less than a week.