Marquette won by 22 points less than 2 weeks ago
-
Xavier2005
- Posts: 865
- Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:58 pm
- Contact:
Marquette won by 22 points less than 2 weeks ago
what are the odds of beating them now???
-
XU Captain
- Posts: 90
- Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: Marquette won by 22 points less than 2 weeks ago
Better than two weeks ago. It's at home, and it's a whole different game. Teams play with different intensity at home. This is the final regular-season home game for several Xavier players (I am not discounting home games in the NIT) and the Muskies HAVE TO WIN THIS GAME to have any prayer at getting into the NCAA field. If they win, they still have a shot at the NCAA. If they lose, the DePaul game is meaningless and they will have to likely make it to the Big East championship game to get an 11 seed in the play-in game in Dayton. Yes, Xavier can beat Marquette. I say Xavier will be favored by 4 1/2 points.Xavier2005 wrote:what are the odds of beating them now???
-
pcp33
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:31 pm
Re: Marquette won by 22 points less than 2 weeks ago
I admire how you never back down from your uninformed opinions. Starting to like you.XU Captain wrote:Better than two weeks ago. It's at home, and it's a whole different game. Teams play with different intensity at home. This is the final regular-season home game for several Xavier players (I am not discounting home games in the NIT) and the Muskies HAVE TO WIN THIS GAME to have any prayer at getting into the NCAA field. If they win, they still have a shot at the NCAA. If they lose, the DePaul game is meaningless and they will have to likely make it to the Big East championship game to get an 11 seed in the play-in game in Dayton. Yes, Xavier can beat Marquette. I say Xavier will be favored by 4 1/2 points.Xavier2005 wrote:what are the odds of beating them now???
Would you care to explain how X's margin is so thin that their tournament fate could hinge on a game against Marquette but at the same time losing to DePaul (which would be a GIGANTIC black mark on the resume, and the one strength of X's resume right now is no black marks) would be meaningless?
As I have correctly pointed out multiple times on here and every college basketball pundit agrees, X is only in trouble IF they lose to DePaul, and then they'd still have a solid shot at getting a bid.
-
XU Captain
- Posts: 90
- Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: Marquette won by 22 points less than 2 weeks ago
Being that you are too stupid and too much of a troll to understand, and that you said in one of your earlier posts you would not be back until after the NCAA selections (this after you got called out for wrongly accusing Sumner of not taking classes seriously...hmm), I will not bother. In fact, I am putting you on ignore. Have a nice life, and try not to sell too many used cars.pcp33 wrote:I admire how you never back down from your uninformed opinions. Starting to like you.XU Captain wrote:Better than two weeks ago. It's at home, and it's a whole different game. Teams play with different intensity at home. This is the final regular-season home game for several Xavier players (I am not discounting home games in the NIT) and the Muskies HAVE TO WIN THIS GAME to have any prayer at getting into the NCAA field. If they win, they still have a shot at the NCAA. If they lose, the DePaul game is meaningless and they will have to likely make it to the Big East championship game to get an 11 seed in the play-in game in Dayton. Yes, Xavier can beat Marquette. I say Xavier will be favored by 4 1/2 points.Xavier2005 wrote:what are the odds of beating them now???
Would you care to explain how X's margin is so thin that their tournament fate could hinge on a game against Marquette but at the same time losing to DePaul (which would be a GIGANTIC black mark on the resume, and the one strength of X's resume right now is no black marks) would be meaningless?
As I have correctly pointed out multiple times on here and every college basketball pundit agrees, X is only in trouble IF they lose to DePaul, and then they'd still have a solid shot at getting a bid.
-
pcp33
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:31 pm
Re: Marquette won by 22 points less than 2 weeks ago
Being that you are too stupid and too much of a troll to understand, and that you said in one of your earlier posts you would not be back until after the NCAA selections (this after you got called out for wrongly accusing Sumner of not taking classes seriously...hmm), I will not bother. In fact, I am putting you on ignore. Have a nice life, and try not to sell too many used cars.[/quote]
Well, if you've actually put me on ignore, I would hope that you have the decency to honor our agreement and stop posting forever once X is in the tournament. Enjoy being old and out of touch!
Well, if you've actually put me on ignore, I would hope that you have the decency to honor our agreement and stop posting forever once X is in the tournament. Enjoy being old and out of touch!
-
bluegrass
- Posts: 3411
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:32 pm
- Contact:
Re: Marquette won by 22 points less than 2 weeks ago
We played without Tre and as I recall the officiating sucked.Also we clobbered Providence here and lost to them up there.
-
skyhops
- Posts: 3927
- Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
- Contact:
Re: Marquette won by 22 points less than 2 weeks ago
Xavier is in trouble and very much on the bubble. We need to win two games
-
pcp33
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:31 pm
Re: Marquette won by 22 points less than 2 weeks ago
Care to link us to any prognosticator who says this?skyhops wrote:Xavier is in trouble and very much on the bubble. We need to win two games
Jerry Palm? Lunardi? Bracket Matrix?
I do not understand why people are willfully uninformed on this. All Xavier needs to do, and need is probably a strong word, is beat DePaul.
-
bluegrass
- Posts: 3411
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:32 pm
- Contact:
Re: Marquette won by 22 points less than 2 weeks ago
Palm has us on the bubble now-still in but dangerously close to falling out.I will be a little nervous if we only beat DePaul.pcp33 wrote:Care to link us to any prognosticator who says this?skyhops wrote:Xavier is in trouble and very much on the bubble. We need to win two games
Jerry Palm? Lunardi? Bracket Matrix?
I do not understand why people are willfully uninformed on this. All Xavier needs to do, and need is probably a strong word, is beat DePaul.
-
XU Captain
- Posts: 90
- Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: Marquette won by 22 points less than 2 weeks ago
One of the ESPN college hoops guys also has Xavier as a 11th seed in Dayton. He is also assuming Xavier beats Marquette and DePaul. That is dangerously close to NIT territory, which is what I have been saying all along. The game against Marquette is an absolute must-win for both teams. The loser can make plans to either win the Big East Tournament or reserve their home floor for the NIT or CBI.bluegrass wrote:Palm has us on the bubble now-still in but dangerously close to falling out.I will be a little nervous if we only beat DePaul.pcp33 wrote:Care to link us to any prognosticator who says this?skyhops wrote:Xavier is in trouble and very much on the bubble. We need to win two games
Jerry Palm? Lunardi? Bracket Matrix?
I do not understand why people are willfully uninformed on this. All Xavier needs to do, and need is probably a strong word, is beat DePaul.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 747 guests
