Coach Mack and team hits Xavier basketball low
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:23 pm
longest losing steak since late 80s (5)...and counting. Don't see how they should be in tourney. One quality win to a team who also lost their best player.
https://www.musketeermadness.com/board/
https://www.musketeermadness.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18728
At this point I wonder if Xavier might decline an NIT bid if they get one. I would certainly decline the CBI if the NIT passes on Xavier.X-Expert wrote:longest losing steak since late 80s (5)...and counting. Don't see how they should be in tourney. One quality win to a team who also lost their best player.
He made 4 baskets I believe and a few foul shots. Probably his best game from a scoring stand point in a while. Turnovers hurt today though .6 is way too many.XU Captain wrote:It is not Mack's fault, but this time is headed to the NIT. Five losses in a row is going to be factored in by the committee as well as the absence of Sumner. You can't keep saying well, we are playing tough teams. At some point you actually have to beat them. Butler is a good team. Three months ago, Xavier was just as good as Butler. Not now. Goodin is NOT a Division I point guard. Sorry, he's a potential defensive stopper with no offense at all. The Goodin turnovers today killed Xavier. He didn't hit a basket from the field either I don't remember.
I realize that the team has suffered injuries but other than Nova and Butler, they aren't exactly losing to world beaters. They lost to three teams squarely on the bubble-maybe 60-70th best team. There is enough blame to go around but this team plays no defense. Goodin is there best defensive player. Offensively so much is dependent on Macura and Bluitt to create their own shots. I put that on Mack's offensive sets. It has been this way even with Sumner but Ed could break any defender down. Almost every offensive set starts with Bluitt or someone catching the ball with back to the basket on the elbow. perhaps they should change it and start a set from a wing or have better ball movement. Mack reminds me of the Skip Prosser years. Bad D, average offense, but good plays out of a timeout.XU Captain wrote:I will defend Mack on every aspect of this five-game losing streak. Xavier has ZERO point guards left. Goodin is going to go down as our next Alvin Brown or Churchill Odia.
We've had plenty of guys who weren't nearly as good as freshman as Goodin is and turned into pretty good players. Ever heard of BJ Raymond or Jason Love. ?I'd say they turned out pretty good. This kid got thrown into a tough spot.Let's give him time .XU Captain wrote:I will defend Mack on every aspect of this five-game losing streak. Xavier has ZERO point guards left. Goodin is going to go down as our next Alvin Brown or Churchill Odia.