NO ENQUIRER STORY

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
73 grad
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:06 am
Contact:

NO ENQUIRER STORY

Postby 73 grad » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:28 am

It was an early game,6:30, and still no article the next day' If the Reds, Bengals or UC had played there would have been one. Lame newspaper. Or am I missing something?
finalfourorbust
Posts: 1392
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:41 am
Contact:

Re: NO ENQUIRER STORY

Postby finalfourorbust » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:20 am

73 grad wrote:It was an early game,6:30, and still no article the next day' If the Reds, Bengals or UC had played there would have been one. Lame newspaper. Or am I missing something?
It is no longer a newspaper. I rarely read anything there that I haven't already seen on the internet a day or two before.
X-lucidity
Posts: 1391
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: NO ENQUIRER STORY

Postby X-lucidity » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:45 am

Don't get me started...................
XU80
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:16 pm
Contact:

Re: NO ENQUIRER STORY

Postby XU80 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:05 am

One of the reasons I know longer subscribe.
Spanky
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:44 am
Contact:

Re: NO ENQUIRER STORY

Postby Spanky » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:22 am

bluegrass
Posts: 3411
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:32 pm
Contact:

Re: NO ENQUIRER STORY

Postby bluegrass » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:55 pm

73 grad wrote:It was an early game,6:30, and still no article the next day' If the Reds, Bengals or UC had played there would have been one. Lame newspaper. Or am I missing something?
I thought the same thing.At least they didn't have a UC game story.Hell our game was over by 8:30.Is that past their bed time?
bleedXblue
Posts: 852
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:10 am
Contact:

Re: NO ENQUIRER STORY

Postby bleedXblue » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:16 pm

they did have a nice piece on Blueitt.......
X-man
Posts: 486
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:21 am
Contact:

Re: NO ENQUIRER STORY

Postby X-man » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:43 pm

I used to contact them periodically about the lack of college basketball scores in the paper, back when I though it was an actual newspaper. I gave up when I realized that it doesn't even pretend to be a real newspaper. Fortunately there is the internet. That said, the idea that a game that is over before 9PM is too late to get into the "paper" is ludicrous. My theory is that they had the Xavier results but opted for no story because the UC game was too late to get in. I hope I'm wrong, but that seems to be the most logical explanation.
Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament, and almost always makes some noise while there. Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan (ESPN Summer Shootaround, 2012)
xu koop scoop
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: NO ENQUIRER STORY

Postby xu koop scoop » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:47 pm

People still buy newspapers? Seriously, haven't read 1 in 10 years. Too much out there on the internet-including the paper on the net.
When I find one I use it to start campfires. :mrgreen:
Gorilla '69
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:53 pm
Contact:

Re: NO ENQUIRER STORY

Postby Gorilla '69 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:13 pm

They had zero high school b-ball stories on Saturday morning and then on Sunday morning had a whole page of box scores for Friday/Saturday.
And even their on line version can be a nightmare
"You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning"

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 628 guests