Is the Zona score right
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Is the Zona score right
everyone talking about how great they are but Oregon has them 61-27 with little over 11 to play
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
X-Expert
- Posts: 2189
- Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:12 pm
- Contact:
Re: Is the Zona score right
If X can lose by 40 last year to Nova and get blown out by 32 this year with Sumner, home court can make a difference, Having said that, I would kill to be #5 in the country staring at 1 or 2 seed at this point.muskieman wrote:everyone talking about how great they are but Oregon has them 61-27 with little over 11 to play
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Is the Zona score right
interesting if that was happening to X you would not take that stance. You would be all over X players, coaches, cheerleaders, managers and fans...except youX-Expert wrote:If X can lose by 40 last year to Nova and get blown out by 32 this year with Sumner, home court can make a difference, Having said that, I would kill to be #5 in the country staring at 1 or 2 seed at this point.muskieman wrote:everyone talking about how great they are but Oregon has them 61-27 with little over 11 to play
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
X-Expert
- Posts: 2189
- Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:12 pm
- Contact:
Re: Is the Zona score right
Wow you know whats in my mind just as you do the ref in Nebraska. You love to find any way to get at Sean Miller. Sorry but if X were #5 and lost on the road to a top 15 team, i would have more understanding just as i did against Nova this year. You really need to just relax. X won. He is now going to his press conference so you need to get your DVR readymuskieman wrote:interesting if that was happening to X you would not take that stance. You would be all over X players, coaches, cheerleaders, managers and fans...except youX-Expert wrote:If X can lose by 40 last year to Nova and get blown out by 32 this year with Sumner, home court can make a difference, Having said that, I would kill to be #5 in the country staring at 1 or 2 seed at this point.muskieman wrote:everyone talking about how great they are but Oregon has them 61-27 with little over 11 to play
-
Pierre Dracot
- Posts: 1298
- Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: Is the Zona score right
There you go again, MM, with your petty, churlish, mean-spirited comments. I could read the posts on this board and, without seeing who the poster is, say which ones come from you. So punish me for telling the truth; but how do you get away with all of your attacks on well-meaning posters?muskieman wrote:interesting if that was happening to X you would not take that stance. You would be all over X players, coaches, cheerleaders, managers and fans...except youX-Expert wrote:If X can lose by 40 last year to Nova and get blown out by 32 this year with Sumner, home court can make a difference, Having said that, I would kill to be #5 in the country staring at 1 or 2 seed at this point.muskieman wrote:everyone talking about how great they are but Oregon has them 61-27 with little over 11 to play
I compliment you, though, for your clairvoyance in saying that Xavier was about to get thinner at PG. How did you know Sumner would go down with a torn ACL. (I'm not alone, I'm sure, in wanting an answer to that question.)
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Is the Zona score right
talk about reading comprehension problems but you two take the cake. I was not knocking Sean, I was amazed at the score because I have seen them play and very rarely do you see a # 5 get blown out of a game early. Zona has all the tools to make it to the NC game. Oregon took it to them and never let up 85-58. Now you and PD nee to get a life and stop worrying about Me.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Anti-Homer
- Posts: 7018
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: Is the Zona score right
muskieman wrote:talk about reading comprehension problems but you two take the cake. I was not knocking Sean, I was amazed at the score because I have seen them play and very rarely do you see a # 5 get blown out of a game early. Zona has all the tools to make it to the NC game. Oregon took it to them and never let up 85-58. Now you and PD nee to get a life and stop worrying about Me.
So does X, at least on the court. Even with the knowledge that X may never get MD back, the nat'l pundits made them a consensus top 10 pick. X gets their 1st top 40 win of the year, and you pick this time to gloat? I rarely comment on SM, even though I'm a huge fan, because he, like Thad, brought 2 E-8s in a 6 year period of time. Historic highs for X's cbb program. Here in CM's 8th year, he hasn't even sniffed the E-8. This, despite the fact that when he took over the program, he inherited a team many considered to be FF candidates, leading a high profile coach to say he woke up on 3rd base. However, that's not CM's fault. Not doing more with them was in his charge however. Regrettably, many have said he has sullied our reputation, something which was pristine until he took over the program. When UC are the guys wearing the white hats in town, that is one dubious accomplishment.
CM had the advantage of benefitting from the great success of his predecessors, and ascension to a top tier league (so has consistently been getting the highest caliber players in the history of X). Unfortunately, character doesn't seem to be a primary consideration in whom he recruits, but I'm sure he is feeling some pressure. I feel badly for him.
Since this comment, I went to look at AZ's team page. I never realized their top 20 recruit was lost before the season due to an injury, and his leading scorer from last year only became eligible 3 games ago. I do know guys like Jay Bilas are touting him as a Nat'l COY candidate. I think he better be careful about what he wishes for, b/c the COY from last year shrunk like a violet in the Sahara when the bright lights came on during tourney time.
Arizona is my second favorite team, since their coach continued the excellence set by his predecessor at X, but I imagine the natives might getting restless, since he lost today. Sure, when SM took over the program, it was in worse shape than the Titanic was two days after hitting the iceberg. They had 3 coaches in 3 years, and many of the players, including the best players, fled the program. Wake up on third base? No. He woke up in the middle of the desert inside a broken down 1974 Nova, 100 miles from civilization, with no gas in the tank.
Remarkably, he decided to skip the 5 year rebuilding period most coaches need, and has reached 3 E-8s during his tenure. But he did lose today, so that's what matters. It's unfair to judge CM the same way, because it isn't like he has a private plane for recruiting, doesn't have the advantage of not having to compete with football for resources, and are not a Forbes Top 20 cbb program, so..... wait a minute; scratch that last part. I have every confidence that CM will lead X into the tourney again this year, and we might even win a couple of games. The bar has come down several levels, but my love for X basketball has catapulted into the stars!
Lastly,
Mman, May I suggest you root for X men, past, present, and future , as I do? Of course I root for CM more, b/c he is the current coach. Even if his accomplishments pale in comparison to his predecessors, all one can ask of him is his best effort, and I'm damned sure we are getting that. Those that suggest differently will have to contend with me.
Seacrest out!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Is the Zona score right
I do root for Sean and Zona and surprise I root for Thadd and OSU just not when they play us or someone in the BE or a L is good for X. I was not gloating, the game was today and so I reported on it, that is something I leave to you, They lost today and I was surprised because they have been so good. I guess I need to waited a week to tell you because you are so sensitive to contemporary basketball news. It is funny because you and a few others were so critical of both Thadd and Sean when they were here...Sean plays too much pack line, sean need to take more timeouts to stop a run, and then of course the crap Thadd took when X started the ooc with a less than average occ. I guess you will tell us you were not the guy that came down the aisle to yell at Thadd durning the game at Cintas.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
jct1941
- Posts: 2117
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:16 am
- Contact:
Re: Is the Zona score right
It has been a CRAZY year. Late January when Arizona beat UCLA they seemed unbeatable. And when Oregon beat Arizona (badly) they looked human. When Colorado beat Oregon that seemed impossible. Six top 10 teams LOST yesterday. I for one did not think XU would Creighton but they did (on the road) so it seems that this year anything can happen - and it has. I am only hoping XU can keep it up and get a decent seed in the tourney. Go Xavier!
-
Anti-Homer
- Posts: 7018
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: Is the Zona score right
muskieman wrote:I do root for Sean and Zona and surprise I root for Thadd and OSU just not when they play us or someone in the BE or a L is good for X. I was not gloating, the game was today and so I reported on it, that is something I leave to you, They lost today and I was surprised because they have been so good. I guess I need to waited a week to tell you because you are so sensitive to contemporary basketball news. It is funny because you and a few others were so critical of both Thadd and Sean when they were here...Sean plays too much pack line, sean need to take more timeouts to stop a run, and then of course the crap Thadd took when X started the ooc with a less than average occ. I guess you will tell us you were not the guy that came down the aisle to yell at Thadd durning the game at Cintas.
Mman,
You're more transparent than the zebras who routinely conspire to do everything in their power to make sure calls go in favor of X's opponents. I suspect the 3 team you root to lose, as much as you root for Xavier to win, are: UC, AZ, OSU. That's fine, it's your prerogative. Just own it. When you and Shadow lured me to this Board as a future Moderator with a handsome 2 figure package a few years back, I took it, believing I would grow under the mentorship of true XU fans, supporting players, administrators, and coaches, past and present. Sadly, I feel duped.
It seems that every tine you post about AZ or OSU (OSU much less so these days, b/c Thad has had a difficult lats few years, though he did elevate the program immensely when he took over, the greatest true metric of one's success), it is in regards to a loss. Heck, when CM took over arguably the greatest roster of players in X bball history, he did a solid job by taking them to a S16. After his 2nd season, he tried to leverage that success by going to Tenn. If not for the impending sanctions, his kids would have had season passes to Dollywood. I still would have rooted for him. As long as he does his best for what he's paid to do at X, regardless of the results, that's all one case ask.
If his wife didn't veto the CAL job 2 years ago, we would have someone else in the coaches chair (though I would have hated it if he did leave, I would have gladly kept the chair warm for Archie, "I keep setting new records of excellence in Dayton Men's Basketball Program" Miller). and CAL would be AH's 4th favorite team. Sadly, Wake is no longer in that mix. Go X, then AZ, then OSU!!!
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 867 guests
