Page 1 of 1
MR "Q" .. OUTSTANDING !!
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:55 am
by Wisexuowl
Bob, that is a work for the ages. Job well done "Q"
Now the MM posters can fully understand what I nominated you, seconded you, and closed the process without further comments.
My favorite line is how your hunger for Xavier basketball today just cannot be filled.
These are truly heady days my friends.
Re: MR "Q" .. OUTSTANDING !!
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 am
by Mr. Neutral
And yet nothing about Messageboard Wars 2008. I think Q should go back and supplement his otherwise fine piece.
Re: MR "Q" .. OUTSTANDING !!
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:46 pm
by XUBBall
Q, Thank you! Your article brought tears to my eyes, joy to my heart, and nourishment to my longing for next season.
Re: MR "Q" .. OUTSTANDING !!
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:02 pm
by Masterofreality
It is redundant to say, and yet neccessary to post, that the internet is a Godsend- if nothing else than to give the Great Q an outlet to continue his contributions to journalistic excellence.
My friend, you should not be working only for the love of it. You should be getting paid. Can CBSSportsline.com just dump Doyel and hire you?
Another Q classic for the scrapbook, to go along with my Cincy Post clippings from "back in the day."
Re: MR "Q" .. OUTSTANDING !!
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:26 am
by tjxu97
Mr. Q, I don`t know who you are, but I applaud you for your beautiful piece of writing and pictures. This is EXACTLY what I had hoped for when I posted to change the front page. I couldn`t ask for anything more.
Being overseas and not being able to see the games this year, your piece summed up a great season and I felt as though I saw every game mentioned.
Thank you!
Re: MR "Q" .. OUTSTANDING !!
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:27 am
by muskienick
I heartily echo the sentiments shared above by MM posters on the chronicle done by Q of the immediate Xavier season passsed. I can't imagine that anyone could have done it with the passion and love that Bob did as both a professional reporter and a proud Muskie grad.
And, as I have said on this board in the past, few (if any) could have done as good a job as Bob Stevens did in providing the photos that grace Mr. Queenan's story of the Muskies' 2007-2008 trek to the Elite Eight.
Re: MR "Q" .. OUTSTANDING !!
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:26 am
by muskieman
See I told you "Q"