Page 1 of 1
Crean confirms not taking Bassett or Ellis back
Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:08 pm
by Mr. Neutral
http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasket ... y/10809894
I think this leaves IU with 5 scholarship players. Talk about an opportunity for PT!
Re: Crean confirms not taking Bassett or Ellis back
Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:50 pm
by muskieman
Do you think Crean is going to force it below 5 so he can shoot up. Someone told me Crean has a ego bigger than Texas...it might need something to keep him warm next year.
Re: Crean confirms not taking Bassett or Ellis back
Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:38 pm
by _LH
I think Crean will probably redshirt one of the incoming freshmen, don't you?
Re: Crean confirms not taking Bassett or Ellis back
Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:46 pm
by Mr. Neutral
I don't think Crean can afford to redshirt anybody. This from today's Indy Star----
"With today’s announcements, Indiana now has just three scholarship players returning from last year’s team — Kyle Taber, Brandon McGee and Jordan Crawford. The Hoosiers also have four players signed to play in the class of 2008, and two walk-ons."
If ever a coach needed to sign some stop-gap players over the summer, it might be Crean now.
Re: Crean confirms not taking Bassett or Ellis back
Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:50 pm
by muskieman
_LH wrote:I think Crean will probably redshirt one of the incoming freshmen, don't you?
That is funny. I bet some lucky walk-on can negotiate for a scholarship for a year if he pays his cards right.
Re: Crean confirms not taking Bassett or Ellis back
Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:14 am
by olsingledigit
From an Indy Muskie, kudos to Crean for doing it the right way. I am sure he got plenty of assurances from IU to give him time to succeed. The media and fans seem to be fully behind him - of course he is 0 - 0 right now too, but I think they will stick with him. I think he is a man of integrity. Good to see that again at IU.