Ford apparently interested in Providence. Although he hasn't gotten them to the NCAA's in 3 years, I still think this would be a blow to the conference. Link below
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3338517
A-10 as a stepping stone.....again
-
XUdenver
- Posts: 186
- Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:44 pm
- Contact:
-
xcellent
- Posts: 191
- Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:23 pm
- Contact:
Re: A-10 as a stepping stone.....again
I think that would be a mistake. I think he is on the brink of having UMass making the tourney almost every year. Though Providence is in a high profile conference, they have been really bad the last couple years. He will have more sustained success at UMass.
-
xavierj
- Posts: 143
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: A-10 as a stepping stone.....again
He was offered yesterday so why has he not accepted or turned it down? Could he be trying to get a fatter contract from UMASS?
-
passthepuck?
- Posts: 304
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:08 am
- Contact:
Re: A-10 as a stepping stone.....again
I think he had five seniors this year. Providence has been the stepping stone to the big time (Kentucky, Virginia). It’s a good move. The move also implies that Ford knows X is loaded and will dominate the A-10.
-
Wisexuowl
- Posts: 1062
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: A-10 as a stepping stone.....again
I think Travis is a helluva good coach, and I have thought that since he was at Eastern.
I hope he doesn't take the Friars job. Yeah, it was a stepping stone for Rick to KY, but while Pete went from there to UVa, he had been offered the UVa job when he was at Xavier.
Don't know of any coaches who leave because another school is goingto dominate .... nobody has left the ACC during the Duke/UNC era did they ... or Big Ten during Knight's era, did they ...
I hope he doesn't take the Friars job. Yeah, it was a stepping stone for Rick to KY, but while Pete went from there to UVa, he had been offered the UVa job when he was at Xavier.
Don't know of any coaches who leave because another school is goingto dominate .... nobody has left the ACC during the Duke/UNC era did they ... or Big Ten during Knight's era, did they ...
-
xuab
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:50 pm
- Contact:
Re: A-10 as a stepping stone.....again
Ford has reportedly turned down the Providence job.
http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/spo ... ll_st.html
http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/spo ... ll_st.html
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 570 guests
