Page 1 of 2

Scouting Report on Holloway?

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:57 am
by Benxu
I don't know much about this kid, other than what was written in Dow's article and that he was a 4-star recruit, according to Rivals.

Can someone give a short summary of his game and his strengths/weaknesses? Anyone seen him play? Is he likely to be better than Cheeks?

Re: Scouting Report on Holloway?

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:48 pm
by Shadow

Re: Scouting Report on Holloway?

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:08 pm
by Mr. Neutral
Based on those comments, you'd think that Lyons would come as the starter and Holloway the backup, but that will be sorted out in practice.

Re: Scouting Report on Holloway?

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:18 pm
by xavierj
Don't be surprised to see both on the floor at the same time. Lyons is a scorer and is super athletic. He also played to 2 guard position this past year and was the leading scorer on a loaded prep school team. I can see Xavier playing a bunch of 3 guard lineups this year with Lyons, Jackson & Holloway on the court at the same time. They will probably play a style similar to Nova and now they won't have to worry about someone in the backcourt getting hurt like last year. Should be fun to watch next year since XU will be super athletic and will get up and down the floor. Mark Lyons, Derrick Brown and Jamal Mclean will be 3 of the most athletic players in the entire A-10 next season, all 3 can jump out of the gym.

Re: Scouting Report on Holloway?

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:16 pm
by muskieman
Come on guys practice is 6 months away....STOP getting me excited ;-].

Holloway sounds nice but he sounds like the workman like player...like Johnny....but quicker and less shooting ability. I guess we will see.

Re: Scouting Report on Holloway?

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:25 pm
by brownlavender
how exciting is this 2, 4 star recruits follwed by 3 3 star recruits. Wow. Wish we didn't have to wait so long for the start of the season. The halloway deal makes sense big time. When he dropped IU that very same day I, geniuosly, said why don't we go after this kid and bam now he's here. I am very pumped for not only next year but the year after in Dbrown's senior year when we win the national championship!!!

Re: Scouting Report on Holloway?

Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:50 pm
by X-Expert
If I read it correctly, keep in mind that this was last year. Kids can improve on their weaknesses in a year. Remember, Darnell Williams was a slasher at best as a Freshman and Sophomore then became a shooter by his jr year. Drew didn't shoot well until the A-10 season started. Give him a chance.

Re: Scouting Report on Holloway?

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:21 am
by LyonsIsFlyin
I'll give him more than a chance, he got a 4 star rating for a reason, so I'll just hold onto my judgement until I see him in person to witness the mad skills(I'm sure) for myself. I've seen lyons, so hence my name, am extremely excited about him, but had always thought he would be better served at the 2 his freshman year, you know just to get exp. on court and not have to have the pressure of running the point, he can just play the game. But all that said, the kid is sick, and i'm sure holloway will be as well.. our future is bright!

Re: Scouting Report on Holloway?

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:24 am
by muncie6569
I wish we had some video of him. I would love to see who he looks like in motion. With the status of the schools that were interested, he must have at least a big upside and most likely in many aspects is already there. I wonder about his speed and quickness and his hops.

Re: Scouting Report on Holloway?

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:31 pm
by muskieman
I hope that with all the new guys next year that X doesn't find them all trying to make their mark right away. The team concept got X to great heights and Kansas to the top position. I want a dominant Kenny but not at the expense of teamwork, I want Holloway to be the second coming but not at the expense of teamwork. I want Lyons, Redford, ET AL to be the best players X has ever recruited but not at the expense of teamwork. I want the Miller mantra of defense and teamwork to be the thing we remember about this incoming class.