Page 1 of 1
turnout in phoenix
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:04 pm
by dubbledxu
after arriving home today from phoenix, i must say i was stunned at the amount of fans that turned out for the weekend. The alumni association put on a great few days at alice cooperstown.
does anyone have a head count of how many xavier fans/alums were there?
Re: turnout in phoenix
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:07 pm
by soniqstylz
No idea, but I could really hear the "We Are XU" from the crowd during the game.
Re: turnout in phoenix
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:59 pm
by Lead Guitar
Great turnout at both Cooperstown (thanks X for putting it on) and of course the game, but it was truly a home game for UCLA.
Re: turnout in phoenix
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:19 pm
by xeus
I was very impressed with the turnout in Phoenix. We had a great group of fans there to support the team.
I am very very proud of evrything this team accomplished and was glad I could be there to yell for my team and applaud the efforts of the seniors.
The future is bright, and I look forward to seeing everyone at the next NCAA tournament pregame reception.
Re: turnout in phoenix
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:42 pm
by LyonsIsFlyin
The pre-game parties put on by the All for One club were awesome, both in D.C and in phoenix; and all the fans, specially in the 215 section, were awesome, great mixture of alumni and students. I'm just gonna throw it out there that donating to the All for One club is a sweet thing to do......
Re: turnout in phoenix
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:44 pm
by thywillbedone
we also just returned. My blue teenager enjoyed both the cooperstown party and the game. Although the staff at the us air kept bugging him to put his shirt on, seemed over the top. He doesn't remember that kind of thing happening in Atlanta. Back then he was only a blue little kid. The stage must have just been too large for our guys. What a season. Looking forward to next year.
Re: turnout in phoenix
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:40 am
by ct_x_fan
I was happy with the turnout as well. I'm usually a lock when it comes to traveling for XU's ncaa tourney games for the past 10 years or so and the fan turnout gets better and better. Winning the 1st round game does help quite a bit.
Even when going to the away games at Fordham, UMass, and URI the X fans tend to be better travelers than any other A10 shcool. On more than one occasion the UMass and URI fans I've talked to said that Xavier fans travel well and were surprised by how many Xavier fans were there.
They must not know what the power of X is all about!