Page 1 of 2

I'm starting to hate Gene Wojciechowski

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:48 pm
by soniqstylz
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/ ... ortCat=ncb

I'm all for giving UCLA all the credit it deserves, but to make comments like "Xavier isn't on the same street as Memphis" is a little harsh.

"..Howland knows what's next. A seat at the Final Four adults table. Xaviers out; Carolinas, etc., in. .."

f*** that.

Re: I'm starting to hate Gene Wojciechowski

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:58 pm
by MuskieCinci
I have never seen something written by someone that is supposed to be an expert that slanted against Xavier. He gives us so little respect it is unreal. He doesn't mention any of the positives, just whenever he talks about us it is to bash us. And with the cheerleader, what the hell was he doing on the court during warm ups!? And what reporter interviewed a cheerleader? Hell yeah if I was warming up before the biggest game in my school's history I would tell a cheerleader to get the f*** out of my way.

Re: I'm starting to hate Gene Wojciechowski

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:24 pm
by TheTruth
This guy is awful, I have refused to read anything he writes for a few years now because I thought his opinions were just stupid and wrong. I wont click on this link and I wont read anything he ever writes. I can believe espn lets this guy write for them.

Re: I'm starting to hate Gene Wojciechowski

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:40 pm
by muskieman
Since when are cheerleaders allowed at center court during pre game warm ups. They are warm ups for the teams not the cheerleaders. I think after telling them to leave they should have tossed his sorry butt out of the arena. As for the rest of his article, he probably applied to X and was denied admission at some time in his life.

Re: I'm starting to hate Gene Wojciechowski

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:52 pm
by xuhuh!
X+W's=R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Re: I'm starting to hate Gene Wojciechowski

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:04 pm
by Biff Tannen
I've seen Xavier's cheerleaders on the court waving flags and whatnot while other teams are going through their warmup lines. It happens all the time, the opposing team starts their lines before the home team comes out and then the home team has their cheerleaders run around the floor waving their flag. Its not like that UCLA cheerleader was out their hitting people upside the head with the flag pole or anything. I don't see why anyone is wanting to make a big deal out of it? Wojo was just trying to set Stan's pregame mood: don't eff with me, and I think he got the point across fairly well in doing so.

Re: I'm starting to hate Gene Wojciechowski

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:35 pm
by jezuitsoljaz
I can't tolerate Wojo's columns. I read most people on espn.com, but I almost always skip Wojo's column unless someone wants to bitch about how awful his latest article is. I'm at the point where I'm pretty sure that he says spineless, inflammatory things because everyone loves a villain.

He is incredibly biased towards BCS schools and superstar individuals. He probably thought Duke got robbed of a 1 seed, for example.

Re: I'm starting to hate Gene Wojciechowski

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:38 am
by mcmuskie91
Gene needs to do better research.

Since 2004 only UNC, Memphis, UCLA and Kansas have made more trips to the E8 than XU.

For the record XU's two trips are equal to those of BCS members and traditional powerhouses Connecticut, Florida, Louisville, and Texas.

The two trips are more than BCS conference affiliated teams and traditional powerhouses such as

Duke
Michigan State
Ohio State
Georgia Tech
Wisconsin
Kentucky
Arizona
Georgetown
Villanova

To say XU does not belong at the adult table is just asinine.

Re: I'm starting to hate Gene Wojciechowski

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:19 am
by Mr. Neutral
Gosh, we are defensive!

Of course it was a pro-UCLA column, fellas. They beat us convincingly, losing by our largest margin ever in an NCAA game. We shot 36% from the floor, 21% from the arc, got beat on the boards (and they had two guys in double-digit rebounds), had 6 shots blocked (to our 1), and we were almost never in the game.

Not every column is going to read like something you'd see on goxavier.com. Based on Saturday's game, we DIDN'T show that we belonged on the same court as UCLA. I wish we had played better more than I wish Wojo had written a column more favorable to X.

Re: I'm starting to hate Gene Wojciechowski

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:32 pm
by mhettel
You can complain all you want.

I just read a Final 4 article that mentioned Xavier NINE times. Also include a quote from our head coach, and a mention of one of our players.

I see more good than bad.