Page 1 of 2

David Freaking West Goes Off Again!

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:28 pm
by Daaa Muskies
The all-star finished with 35 points 16 Rebounds and an assist in the Hornet's 114-106 win at Indianpolis. This guy is unreal! He must be THE most underrated player in the league.

Re: David Freaking West Goes Off Again!

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:29 am
by garvondavis14
not sure which of the three, but he SHOULD finish on one of the all-nba teams this year

Re: David Freaking West Goes Off Again!

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:53 am
by AlabamaMuskie
I went check up on West's stats for the season and came across these articles on the front page of Yahoo's sports section:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

Re: David Freaking West Goes Off Again!

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:20 am
by Road Warrior
I was at the Hornets/Pacer game last night and it was incredible! David met with the Muskie faithfull prior to the game and shook hands, spoke and signed autographs for a good 20+ minutes. He was extremely friendly and truly excited about the Musketeers tournament success. Then he took care of business on the court!!! He is a great ambassador for Xavier!!!

Re: David Freaking West Goes Off Again!

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:33 am
by Biff Tannen
I follow the NBA almost religiously, West is a good player, but I doubt that he will be All-NBA, here are players that share his position (F): Tim Duncan, Carlos Boozer, Kevin Garnett, Chris Bosh, Dirk Nowitizki, Pau Gasol, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Caron "Tough Juice" Butler, Al Jefferson, Tyson Chandler and the list goes on and on (And to think guys like Amare Stoudemire and Dwight Howard are considered centers so West doesn't even have to compete with them for All-NBA). I think he will have a tough time cracking that list. He is a great player, but I do not think he is quite All-NBA caliber yet. The NBA is kinda loooooaaaaadddeeeed talent wise.

West just has had some bad luck in regards post season awards: TJ Ford broke out huge and won most of the POY awards DWest's senior season and during his breakout year with the Hornets, Boris Diaw turns from being a bench-warmer from the worst team in the league (ATL) to a 13-7-7 guy on the best team in the league (PHX).

But boy has proven all those teams that passed him up wrong...

Re: David Freaking West Goes Off Again!

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:45 am
by muskieman
Player often see themselves getting a hit, shooting a foul(see Stanley) in their minds to get that confidence for success. Maybe David is remembering dayton and 47 points every time he goes out. Does he shoot better against teams that wear red?

Re: David Freaking West Goes Off Again!

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:57 pm
by tmac03
I was also at the game last night RW, and I'll second the sentiment that David is a great ambassador for Xavier. Um Biff, I'm not trying to question your NBA knowledge, but it's hard see that you follow it religiously when you list several players who don't play the 3 or 4 in your list of F's who David will have to battle for all-NBA honors. Lebron is sometimes listed as a forward but is realistically a guard because of the way he dominates the ball for Cleveland, and Tyson Chandler is most definitely a 5. I will agree though that it will be tough for West to make any all-NBA team with Duncan, Garnett, Nowitzki and Carmelo chewing up spots. As of now though I would put him ahead of Butler, Gasol, Jefferson, Bosh and possibly Boozer (though you could argue that one all day long).

Re: David Freaking West Goes Off Again!

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:13 pm
by muskieman
Lance said he is going to try and get David on tomorrow for a little Xavier talk.

Re: David Freaking West Goes Off Again!

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:19 pm
by finalfourorbust
Biff Tannen wrote:I follow the NBA almost religiously, West is a good player, but I doubt that he will be All-NBA, here are players that share his position (F): Tim Duncan, Carlos Boozer, Kevin Garnett, Chris Bosh, Dirk Nowitizki, Pau Gasol, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Caron "Tough Juice" Butler, Al Jefferson, Tyson Chandler and the list goes on and on (And to think guys like Amare Stoudemire and Dwight Howard are considered centers so West doesn't even have to compete with them for All-NBA). I think he will have a tough time cracking that list. He is a great player, but I do not think he is quite All-NBA caliber yet. The NBA is kinda loooooaaaaadddeeeed talent wise.

West just has had some bad luck in regards post season awards: TJ Ford broke out huge and won most of the POY awards DWest's senior season and during his breakout year with the Hornets, Boris Diaw turns from being a bench-warmer from the worst team in the league (ATL) to a 13-7-7 guy on the best team in the league (PHX).

But boy has proven all those teams that passed him up wrong...
There is no way that all those players share the same position that West does. Tyson Chandler and West are starters on the same team, so, that would be impossible wouldn't it?

Re: David Freaking West Goes Off Again!

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:23 pm
by finalfourorbust
tmac03 wrote:I was also at the game last night RW, and I'll second the sentiment that David is a great ambassador for Xavier. Um Biff, I'm not trying to question your NBA knowledge, but it's hard see that you follow it religiously when you list several players who don't play the 3 or 4 in your list of F's who David will have to battle for all-NBA honors. Lebron is sometimes listed as a forward but is realistically a guard because of the way he dominates the ball for Cleveland, and Tyson Chandler is most definitely a 5. I will agree though that it will be tough for West to make any all-NBA team with Duncan, Garnett, Nowitzki and Carmelo chewing up spots. As of now though I would put him ahead of Butler, Gasol, Jefferson, Bosh and possibly Boozer (though you could argue that one all day long).
West is still very young and just continues to get better. We don't know where his peak will be. Some of those guys are getting old in the tooth and are starting the downhill side of their careers. If the Hornets keep winning David will eventually get his recognition.