Cincinnati Game thread 12/02/2017

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
mumuskie87
Posts: 12160
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
Contact:

Re: Cincinnati Game thread 12/02/2017

Postby mumuskie87 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:03 pm

Double bonus for X - which is good
But Tre misses 1 of 2.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
User avatar
Shadow
Posts: 6246
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Cincinnati Game thread 12/02/2017

Postby Shadow » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:05 pm

Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26787
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Cincinnati Game thread 12/02/2017

Postby muskieman » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:11 pm

Kaiser Gates has proved that he is ready for big-time games. He's shown up huge against Baylor and UC.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26787
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Cincinnati Game thread 12/02/2017

Postby muskieman » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:14 pm

Best thing about a W in the shootout at Cintas....the X fans stay till the end
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
mumuskie87
Posts: 12160
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
Contact:

Re: Cincinnati Game thread 12/02/2017

Postby mumuskie87 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:17 pm

Great W!!!

Double double for Kaiser.

Q and Tre make their FT's down the stretch.
15-18 between them.

X crushes UC on the boards - 45 to 27.
X flips the 2nd chance points this year - from 30 to 4 last year to 19 to 5 this year.
Great minutes from Kanter and Big Sean with Basketball out with a leg injury in the 2nd half.
Naji didn't make a FG goal but was 3-4 from the line, had 4 boards and 4 assists. Played weel off the bench.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
mumuskie87
Posts: 12160
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
Contact:

Re: Cincinnati Game thread 12/02/2017

Postby mumuskie87 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:20 pm

Shadow wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:05 pm
Mick yakking at refs;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZs3EADi2pQ
Look forward to hearing Mick's "excuses" after the game.
I hope UC gives Mick a lifetime contract to coach their men's basketball team.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26787
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Cincinnati Game thread 12/02/2017

Postby muskieman » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:22 pm

Mick wouldn't shake JP's hand in the line.

My guess is JP said something about that and it set Mick off.

Image
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
mumuskie87
Posts: 12160
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
Contact:

Re: Cincinnati Game thread 12/02/2017

Postby mumuskie87 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:23 pm

X ahead by 13 at the end of the 1H
Played 2H even.
UC never led in the game.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
mumuskie87
Posts: 12160
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
Contact:

Re: Cincinnati Game thread 12/02/2017

Postby mumuskie87 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:26 pm

muskieman wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:22 pm
Mick wouldn't shake JP's hand in the line.

My guess is JP said something about that and it set Mick off.

Image
Mick just demonstrates such good sportsmanship.
Such a good role model.
I wouldn't want my dog to play for him, let alone my son.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26787
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Cincinnati Game thread 12/02/2017

Postby muskieman » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:32 pm

Seems like JP said something to Mick but after Mick refused to shake his hand people were pulling Cronin off the court and he was visibly angry.

Props to the fan that started a chant "Gingivitis" The yellow tooth gnome was bleeding from all his orifices today.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 914 guests