Where does JP Macura's pro career stand?
-
MOSQUETERO
- Posts: 1318
- Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:54 pm
- Contact:
Re: Where does JP Macura's pro career stand?
Upon further review I think he will get drafted and I think he can play in the NBA. I really think a team, like the Wolves, would take a chance on him. It's been a long week w/o any Xavier basketball so I wanted to drum up something to talk about.
-
Biggernlife
- Posts: 302
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:57 pm
- Contact:
Re: Where does JP Macura's pro career stand?
XU Captain.............. FYI , Gaston, I was told, did sign an overseas contract. By the way he's half the player JP is/was ! Wipe the egg off your face!!!!!
Regards,
Biggernlife
Regards,
Biggernlife
-
Anti-Homer
- Posts: 7016
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: Where does JP Macura's pro career stand?
Madness,madness31 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:41 amKlay is overrated. He rarely puts the ball on the floor, JP would likely do quite well against him. Both Klay and baby Steph struggle when guys play aggressive defense against them. The NBA rarely plays aggressive defense or any defense. Watch when JR Smith decides to actually play aggressively and you will see the GSW guy he defends disappear.
I don't watch the NBA often, but believe I watch it enough to know that Klay is one of the best 2-way guards, and Steph the best offensive pg, and in the top 3 in the league along with John Wall and R. Westbrook. Klay shoots well off the bounce and or pass, and most pg.s try to play physical against Steph because he is slight, but it doesn't seem to diminish his production.
I love JP's game, but to even insinuate he could hold either one under 40 is madness. I do think he can play in the NBA, but it will take both good timing and circumstances. He is an athletic, streaky shooter, who can hit deep treys, pull up jumpers, or acrobatic labs. He is a tremendous passer, has really improved his dribble, and is comfortable going to the basket with his right or left hand.
His defense has improved, as has his rebounding. He also shows great moxie, like a Baker Mayfield, or even a Grayson Allen. I think he would be a mid-second round draft choice if the draft was held today, and think his chances of making it will be determined by his play in the NBA camps, and also which team picks him.
-
bluegrass
- Posts: 3411
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:32 pm
- Contact:
Re: Where does JP Macura's pro career stand?
I love JP but let's be serious. he will never play in the NBA. Overseas definetly.
-
Anti-Homer
- Posts: 7016
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: Where does JP Macura's pro career stand?
Shane Larkin, TJ McConnel, Ryan Arch (i think he made a roster), London Perrantes (sp?)... I don't watch a lot of NBA games, and know there are more examples of players whom I didn't think would make the League, which gives me hope for JP, and Bluiiett as well. Again, it isn't going to be easy, and he'll have to distinguish himself in the camps.
I also think his game is much better aligned to the NBA's fast-paced, open style of play than the guys mentioned. We shall see.
I also think his game is much better aligned to the NBA's fast-paced, open style of play than the guys mentioned. We shall see.
-
lionelchalmers0
- Posts: 348
- Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:41 am
- Contact:
Re: Where does JP Macura's pro career stand?
I know we all love JP I just still don't see him making it in the league (I hope he proves me wrong). He's a senior averaging 12-4-3. Those are not world beater numbers. And I know he does things that don't show up in the stats but that only goes so far when you're a back up shooting guard in the NBA. He's also had 3-4 games already this year where he just didn't show up at all (see yesterday when he could not even beat his defender from etsu).
The guys you listed are actually sort of the reverse examples of JP. Backups in the league need a clear role. Shame larkin is a scorer. McConnell is a true point guard. Arch is a great shooter but is actually only in the d league. JP is a guy who plays hard but is an average shooter, average defender. He is a good passer but has a mediocre handle. He is okay at getting to the bucket but let's be real the stuff he can do in college ain't gonna fly when Joel embiid or Anthony Davis are waiting for him under the basket.
The guys you listed are actually sort of the reverse examples of JP. Backups in the league need a clear role. Shame larkin is a scorer. McConnell is a true point guard. Arch is a great shooter but is actually only in the d league. JP is a guy who plays hard but is an average shooter, average defender. He is a good passer but has a mediocre handle. He is okay at getting to the bucket but let's be real the stuff he can do in college ain't gonna fly when Joel embiid or Anthony Davis are waiting for him under the basket.
-
Pierre Dracot
- Posts: 1298
- Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: Where does JP Macura's pro career stand?
Hey Edgecliff,edgecliff hall wrote: ↑Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:56 amThanks, M. I just took a look at Xavier Hoops. They seem calm and sane, but looked to have no place for movies/theater, books etc. Guess I'll stick with the Madness. BTW, I watched Moonlight last night, and posted re/same.Also have a LA LA LAND and a MANCHESTER.
(Movies, Music and Food)
Have you seen "Call Me By Your Name"?-- My wife and I saw it and thought it outstanding.
-
edgecliff hall
- Posts: 1022
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:18 am
- Contact:
Re: Where does JP Macura's pro career stand?
Sorry, Pierre, but I do not know that title. Why don't you go ahead a post a review on Movies, Music and Food. Always fun for me to hear other folk's take on things. (Just looked it up on Google, posted a comment)
-
MOSQUETERO
- Posts: 1318
- Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:54 pm
- Contact:
Re: Where does JP Macura's pro career stand?
+1Anti-Homer wrote: ↑Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:32 amShane Larkin, TJ McConnel, Ryan Arch (i think he made a roster), London Perrantes (sp?)... I don't watch a lot of NBA games, and know there are more examples of players whom I didn't think would make the League, which gives me hope for JP, and Bluiiett as well. Again, it isn't going to be easy, and he'll have to distinguish himself in the camps.
I also think his game is much better aligned to the NBA's fast-paced, open style of play than the guys mentioned. We shall see.
-
skyhops
- Posts: 3926
- Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
- Contact:
Re: Where does JP Macura's pro career stand?
He will need to improve his defense and shoot consistently to play in the Association.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 534 guests
