Colorado Game thread 12/09/2017
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Colorado Game thread 12/09/2017
AH is happy Hardin in game
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Colorado Game thread 12/09/2017
7 of 12 TOs by Scruggs, Hardin and Marshall so it was good to get them some game time to work on their game. Most of TOs were from soft passes or no paying attention to dribbling the ball.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Colorado Game thread 12/09/2017
Nice win and good to see D as they hold CU UNDER THEIR AVERAGES even after trying the 1-3-1 and 2-3 zones.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
lionelchalmers0
- Posts: 348
- Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:41 am
- Contact:
Re: Colorado Game thread 12/09/2017
That was a fun game!
This team is really scary good. Tre and JP both going off and I felt like the big men were all very active around the rim. We played with a lot of energy and it was fun to watch.
Colorado is probably a 10-11 seed type in the tourney and we just blew them off the floor like they were one of the teams uc plays in their non-con schedule.
Welcome to the top ten Xavier, now keep it up!
This team is really scary good. Tre and JP both going off and I felt like the big men were all very active around the rim. We played with a lot of energy and it was fun to watch.
Colorado is probably a 10-11 seed type in the tourney and we just blew them off the floor like they were one of the teams uc plays in their non-con schedule.
Welcome to the top ten Xavier, now keep it up!
- Shadow
- Posts: 6246
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
- Contact:
Re: Colorado Game thread 12/09/2017
For the most part, an enjoyable evening. Q was excellent as were JP, Tre, Gates on defense etc.
Blueitt passes up Gladden for the #8 spot on the all time scoring list & JP scoots past Davenport & Cage to #30
Blueitt passes up Gladden for the #8 spot on the all time scoring list & JP scoots past Davenport & Cage to #30
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Colorado Game thread 12/09/2017
Liked the way X advanced the ball most of the time today with passes instead of just bringing up the ball by the guard. the three head center had 24 and 14 with no TOs and with Gates 30 and 20
Sidebar: Florida is biggest fraud of the season so far. Watching UC game and a decent passing team could be throttling uc but Florida looks like they are auditioning for the globetrotters and failing... no team ball at all.
Sidebar: Florida is biggest fraud of the season so far. Watching UC game and a decent passing team could be throttling uc but Florida looks like they are auditioning for the globetrotters and failing... no team ball at all.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
lionelchalmers0
- Posts: 348
- Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:41 am
- Contact:
Re: Colorado Game thread 12/09/2017
Agreed Florida looks like they have 5 small forwards on the floor with no ball handlers or rebounders. Uc has turned it over like 18 times and still a one point game.muskieman wrote: ↑Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:38 pmLiked the way X advanced the ball most of the time today with passes instead of just bringing up the ball by the guard. the three head center had 24 and 14 with no TOs and with Gates 30 and 20
Sidebar: Florida is biggest fraud of the season so far. Watching UC game and a decent passing team could be throttling uc but Florida looks like they are auditioning for the globetrotters and failing... no team ball at all.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Colorado Game thread 12/09/2017
"I don't think they're a top 20 team. I think they're a top 10 team. If there are 10 teams better than Xavier, I'd like to see them. They've got it all - inside, outside," - Tad Boyle, Colorado Head Coach.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Anti-Homer
- Posts: 7017
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: Colorado Game thread 12/09/2017
What's encouraging for this team, is that two of their top three scorers combine for only 9 shots, and they still push the score close to 100. This team has an unselfish culture like 08's team, but with all due respect to them, is more talented. JP scored in double digits before the 1st timeout, then takes 3 shots or so the rest of the way. Gates also doesn't care that he only had 3 shots and 6 points, because they won.
It still early in the year, but there isn't one team I dread X possibly playing, especially on a neutral court. To round out a good evening of cbb, UCk lost in NY. BTW, As a public service, ESPN needs to put a 7-second delay before showing a close up of Cronin and warn the viewing public. I saw his face on a 50' TV< and my eyes have been watering ever since.
It still early in the year, but there isn't one team I dread X possibly playing, especially on a neutral court. To round out a good evening of cbb, UCk lost in NY. BTW, As a public service, ESPN needs to put a 7-second delay before showing a close up of Cronin and warn the viewing public. I saw his face on a 50' TV< and my eyes have been watering ever since.
-
Anti-Homer
- Posts: 7017
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: Colorado Game thread 12/09/2017
Colorado is probably a 10-11 seed type in the tourney and we just blew them off the floor like they were one of the teams uc plays in their non-con schedule.lionelchalmers0 wrote: ↑Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:04 pmThat was a fun game!
This team is really scary good. Tre and JP both going off and I felt like the big men were all very active around the rim. We played with a lot of energy and it was fun to watch.
Colorado is probably a 10-11 seed type in the tourney and we just blew them off the floor like they were one of the teams uc plays in their non-con schedule.
Welcome to the top ten Xavier, now keep it up!
I hope you're right, but don't see them making anything but the NIT. They haven't beaten anybody, and lost to a horrid CSU team. They have some good young players though.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 762 guests
