bigperm wrote:longliveskip wrote:bigperm wrote:Are we to assume he's hiring an agent?
he did.
Head scratcher for me, but I don't know a thing about the draft but would be shocked to see him go in first round.
I wish him the best. He's an incredible player and better person.
I feel for the kid. If you read the statement put out it really sounds like he's between a rock and a hard place and I think he made a smart decision. What's worse for his draft stock: go now and hope for the best and work and rehab with NBA trainers and docs over the summer and have a specific team telling you what to develop?
Or try to come back at Xavier, have a set back, miss most of the season and then have no good film for over a year and an "injury prone" label slapped on you?
I think he had to take a gamble. No way he's getting taken first round, but I could see a good team (Spurs, warriors, etc) taking him late second round and stashing him in the d league while he rehabs with NBA caliber docs/trainers. Probably the highest probability route he has.