I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
wkrq59
Posts: 1508
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:57 am
Contact:

Re: I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players

Postby wkrq59 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:53 pm

Shadow, you could do even better with that diesel rig if you were burning bio diesel that you made at home as a friend of mine does.
He collects discarded restaurant oils from all over the town where he lives, brings it home and has an elaborate system that has already paid for itself many times over in just two years. He drives a large truck, not a semi, in his business.
Oh, and his cost per gallon, using the best of chemicals to break the oil down to diesel---$1.05.
He could get the cost per gallon down to 50-60 cents, but he'd have to be concerned about cool temps in the winter and the need to keep it heated over night.
Right now diesel where he lives if $369 a gallon and has been as high as 4.25. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Shadow
Posts: 6246
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players

Postby Shadow » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:56 pm

I may look like Willie Nelson but I don't eat the fast food stuff so I see no reason to feed it to my coach.
It does, it a lot of cases, necessitate a modification to the engine and I don't fool with warranties. There is also the need for a delivery system of biodiesel to the users. To date, it is all talk and little action.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 721 guests