The Flyers Unleashed
-
passthepuck?
- Posts: 304
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:08 am
- Contact:
Re: The Flyers Unleashed
Body art is alway a great look for the nursing home.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26788
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: The Flyers Unleashed
Yeah, especially the bare wire tattoo that turns into a picket fence as the skin sags.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Rolf Russman
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:17 pm
- Contact:
Re: The Flyers Unleashed
Believe me, I like taking pot-shots at The Flyboys as much as the next guy. But, to have any sting, they've got to be credible.
You do realize that we've scheduled more than half of those 15 teams ourselves over the past few seasons? Coppin State three times, in fact.
You do realize that we've scheduled more than half of those 15 teams ourselves over the past few seasons? Coppin State three times, in fact.
-
XLFan
- Posts: 48
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:21 am
- Contact:
Re: The Flyers Unleashed
_________________________________________________________________Rolf Russman wrote:Believe me, I like taking pot-shots at The Flyboys as much as the next guy. But, to have any sting, they've got to be credible.
You do realize that we've scheduled more than half of those 15 teams ourselves over the past few seasons? Coppin State three times, in fact.
Yeah, Xavier has there share of midmajors, but they also have Duke, LSU, Auburn, Virginia, and Cincinnati. How many UD fans are excited about there OOC schedule? I wouldn't like it if I were a UD ticket holder.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26788
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: The Flyers Unleashed
Ah yes, but show me the schedule in the last 10 years when X scheduled all these teams at one time. They are taking a page from the Syracuse schedule book.Rolf Russman wrote:Believe me, I like taking pot-shots at The Flyboys as much as the next guy. But, to have any sting, they've got to be credible.
You do realize that we've scheduled more than half of those 15 teams ourselves over the past few seasons? Coppin State three times, in fact.
Wofford (191)
Delaware State (207)
Bethune-Cookman (319)
Mercer (315)
Troy (242)
Coppin State (232)
Toledo (186)
Now all they need are Quinnipiac, St Francis and Sacred Heart
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Rolf Russman
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:17 pm
- Contact:
Re: The Flyers Unleashed
XLFan wrote:_________________________________________________________________Rolf Russman wrote:Believe me, I like taking pot-shots at The Flyboys as much as the next guy. But, to have any sting, they've got to be credible.
You do realize that we've scheduled more than half of those 15 teams ourselves over the past few seasons? Coppin State three times, in fact.
Yeah, Xavier has there share of midmajors, but they also have Duke, LSU, Auburn, Virginia, and Cincinnati. How many UD fans are excited about there OOC schedule? I wouldn't like it if I were a UD ticket holder.
Add Tennessee, Illinois, Indiana and Purdue to that list too.
I guess my point was, when it comes to OOC scheduling, most schools who are members of major conferences are pots or kettles of some shade. Not much to be gained by attacking someone else's soft schedule. JMHO. As a premium seat seasonticket holder (and having endured the likes of Eastern Illinois, Florida A&M, and IU-PU Ft Wayne), I think I've earned some credibility in this area, unfortunately.
-
Rolf Russman
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:17 pm
- Contact:
Re: The Flyers Unleashed
muskieman wrote:Ah yes, but show me the schedule in the last 10 years when X scheduled all these teams at one time. They are taking a page from the Syracuse schedule book.Rolf Russman wrote:Believe me, I like taking pot-shots at The Flyboys as much as the next guy. But, to have any sting, they've got to be credible.
You do realize that we've scheduled more than half of those 15 teams ourselves over the past few seasons? Coppin State three times, in fact.
Wofford (191)
Delaware State (207)
Bethune-Cookman (319)
Mercer (315)
Troy (242)
Coppin State (232)
Toledo (186)
Now all they need are Quinnipiac, St Francis and Sacred Heart
If, as you contend, it is scheduling all of those teams in a single season that is such an affront, then (in fairness) I think you also have to give some credit for scheduling two recent Final Four participants (GMU and Marquette). Again, JMHO.
-
passthepuck?
- Posts: 304
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:08 am
- Contact:
Re: The Flyers Unleashed
In all seriousness the problem with this schedule is the off night. The schedule does not allow the Flyers any wiggle room. They simply have to beat all of these teams in their building. This brings to mind their game at home against Duquesne. Clearly a team they should have beaten, but they all had an off night.
-
xcellent
- Posts: 191
- Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:23 pm
- Contact:
Re: The Flyers Unleashed
George Mason and Marquette aren't nearly the same teams that they were when they made the Final Four. Marquette coming in with a new coach as well. They are decent teams, but neither are powerhouse's right now. If you look at our OOC schedule from last year:
SE Missouri St.
@Miami (Ohio)
Coppin St.
@Kent St.
Indiana
Oakland
Belmont
Creighton
Cincinnati
@Arizona St.
Tennessee
Delaware St.
Kansas St.
Virginia
@Auburn
We were able to take 3 losses there, and still get a 3 seed in the tourney. It doesn't really matter that we scheduled Coppin St, Oakland, Dewaware St, and the like because we also scheduled ASU, Tenn, KSU, etc. There is nothing wrong with the bad teams as long as there are also good teams. It still remains to be seen if their schedule is as bad as we think. What most people are saying, is that they can't lose a couple OOC games this year and be ok.
SE Missouri St.
@Miami (Ohio)
Coppin St.
@Kent St.
Indiana
Oakland
Belmont
Creighton
Cincinnati
@Arizona St.
Tennessee
Delaware St.
Kansas St.
Virginia
@Auburn
We were able to take 3 losses there, and still get a 3 seed in the tourney. It doesn't really matter that we scheduled Coppin St, Oakland, Dewaware St, and the like because we also scheduled ASU, Tenn, KSU, etc. There is nothing wrong with the bad teams as long as there are also good teams. It still remains to be seen if their schedule is as bad as we think. What most people are saying, is that they can't lose a couple OOC games this year and be ok.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26788
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: The Flyers Unleashed
I am sure they did this because they lost a big wheel on their team in Roberts and Chris Wright will be coming back from injury. They also have some new parts to install. X has a lot of new parts but they also have some big time players while dayton doesn't have those players.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 880 guests
