New Seats, New Year, Bad Fans
-
FPX
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:37 pm
- Contact:
Re: New Seats, New Year, Bad Fans
Had seats changed, and also a huge "paying" fan for the past 6 years, as a 33 year old who never attended X btw. I donate my money, I travel for the team, I attend the tournament sites for their games. Sorry if supporting the team and not being pleased with knowing how many minutes someone from Thomas More played at Rupp doesn't impress me. What impresses me is an exhibition game I am able to take my daughter to.
-
Pierre Dracot
- Posts: 1298
- Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: New Seats, New Year, Bad Fans
Seriously, did you ask them to stop?FPX wrote: ↑Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:34 pmIts a 9 years old female in front, clearly you're not a father.lionelchalmers0 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:33 pmOh my gosh 3 young fans yelled after two exciting back to back dunks? Heck with the front office call the police!
Or just take the stick outta your rear end and enjoy the game. Maybe scream louder than them next time.
-
finalfourorbust
- Posts: 1392
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:41 am
- Contact:
Re: New Seats, New Year, Bad Fans
Seriously, you are attending a sport where the fans are encouraged to be loud and cheer for their team and you are worried about the noise scaring your 9 year old. I think your 9 year old is going to learn how to adapt. If their language is inappropriate I could understand your problem but that doesn't appear to be your complaint.FPX wrote: ↑Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:39 pmHad seats changed, and also a huge "paying" fan for the past 6 years, as a 33 year old who never attended X btw. I donate my money, I travel for the team, I attend the tournament sites for their games. Sorry if supporting the team and not being pleased with knowing how many minutes someone from Thomas More played at Rupp doesn't impress me. What impresses me is an exhibition game I am able to take my daughter to.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: New Seats, New Year, Bad Fans
listen to yourselves, guys. If you have kids then you want to protect them from all kinds of stuff, some things others might think is overprotection, so why shouldn't this guy be the same. I am sure that his daughter will grow into the atmosphere but just to be clear some of the fans are asses and think they can say anything and call it cheering and some have been known to be a little non supportive when a mistake is made by a player or coach, and I am being kind. Let the guy have his gripe and maybe the season will turn out okay after a few games. Maybe the over "enthusiastic" guys will tone down but if not I find talking to them and explaining is the best way to solve the situation, maybe even introduce your daughter to them and put a face to your story.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
FPX
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:37 pm
- Contact:
Re: New Seats, New Year, Bad Fans
I didn’t think it needed to be said but she has special needs, either way. Thanks for being an ass to my situation with assuming.
-
XU80
- Posts: 227
- Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:16 pm
- Contact:
Re: New Seats, New Year, Bad Fans
Not a fan of the process which I know I speak for most. We have a group of 12 that was together in two rows. Now, we are scatted in three rows and it has effected the experience given we have been sitting together for 15 years. Why Xavier didn't ask each season ticket holder for their prorata share of the capital needed to keep their seats instead of what they did was not fan friendly. I hear the balcony seats above the student section have some limited views of the baseline below them. Just my opinion.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 761 guests
