That doesn't make sense. If he was close to his team and support system, why interview and then accept in the first place, only to change your mind -a day after accepting. I don't know the true story (like everyone else on the board) but if you are truly that close, I don't see you actually accepting. I can see you interviewing to test the waters but to say yes? I would definitely proceed with caution if I were an AD looking for a coach[/quote]Theology73 wrote:When I spoke to his dad, UD was not in the conversation. Mike told me he dropped UMass because he got a bad feeling about it and he was really close to his team and support system at Winthrop.brockman231 wrote:I spoke to a family friend of Pat's. He said Kelsey thought he was going to get the Dayton job and that is why dropped UMass.
I think the version that he retracted the U Mass offer b/c he thought he was in line to get the Dayton job makes the most sense. First of all, for full disclosure, let me say I am a big fan of both Pat Kelsey and his dad. I didn't know either well, but I almost bought my first car from his dad, a GM at Mckluskey Chevrolet, but he wouldn't use his pull to help me get "Thug Life" vanity plates I so desired. However, he was a very nice guy in our limited interaction.
I also think very highly of PK, who left XU abruptly b/c of the direction of the program in certain areas. Nuff said, but Mman and Hops, the two Board insiders, know what I'm talking about. It wasn't a big secret. I agree with X-Expert's logic, and I too would proceed with great caution when vetting him. I also would not expect his dad to disclose the real reason, b/c he wants to protect his son, as I would.
Nevertheless,
I wish the very best for PK and his family.
