Thanks for the friendship!

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
edgecliff hall
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:18 am
Contact:

Re: Thanks for the friendship!

Postby edgecliff hall » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:20 am

So, Anti-Homer, you give us a take-off on the old MISTER ROBERTS ending. Nothing wrong with that. It's an evergreen.
skyhops
Posts: 3926
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Thanks for the friendship!

Postby skyhops » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:44 am

Hope you come back Commish. My sources will be around when you return. Sources have told me recently that Reds are going to stink and Mario Soto might make the rotation.
X-lucidity
Posts: 1391
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Thanks for the friendship!

Postby X-lucidity » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:02 am

Commish, always best to not make any rash decisions right after an emotional event. Maybe this recent X glorious run and "Phoenix moment" has everyone's juices flowing a bit more than normal. Anti is up to his old sarcastic ploys - (which I usually enjoy) Skyhops' sources are all-knowing & ubiquitous. I would hope I do not fall in the perceived 'negative Nelly' camp as mostly I have tried to support the players and coaches this year. There are times I will gripe about a coaching decision or bemoan a player's shooting slump. (Gates) We who have seen our fair share of decades roll by I feel have a better grasp of what is important and respect for the process & X's evolution. Hell, from being a student at Schmidt Fieldhouse cheering on Jon Hanley back in the day - this is all gravy my friends. So Commish, we do enjoy your take and I ask that you at least consider contributing now and again. This board is meant to foster dialogue and even some typical fan-think critique as that is healthy and enjoyable here & there. Life would be no fun if everyone agreed. However, folks like "The Captain" are simply internet Trolls that revel in tweaking others by pretending to be a peer. (I called him out as being in his mid to late twenties. He replied that he was 64! Ha, no freaking way and no one should have bought that load of crap) There will always be those that are pessimistic and offer criticism and, as long as not overboard, we should not throw the baby out with the bathwater when times are rough. Trolls though should be shunned & ignored.
Hope we hear from you again sir. This was one of the more enjoyable X seasons for me as the team had to scrap, claw & reinvent itself. Loved our courage & spirit.
Anti-Homer
Posts: 7016
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Thanks for the friendship!

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:44 pm

edgecliff hall wrote:So, Anti-Homer, you give us a take-off on the old MISTER ROBERTS ending. Nothing wrong with that. It's an evergreen.
I think I read or saw a play on Mister Roberts in H.S., but this is where the quote came from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g450eyrN7Pg
edgecliff hall
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:18 am
Contact:

Re: Thanks for the friendship!

Postby edgecliff hall » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:48 pm

Yes, Anti-Homer, I forgot all about the old MASH ending, which was homage to the old MISTER ROBERTS ending. We recycle good stuff all the time. Which reminds me of a funny line somebody used here recently: "The Captain went down with his ship." lol

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 642 guests