Parrom-XU recruit

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Parrom-XU recruit

Postby Mr. Neutral » Thu May 29, 2008 4:05 pm

To be fair, we don't know if Parrom would be a good or bad college student. What we do know is that he punched his coach, and that's the issue that X has to look at, and decide if he's basically a good, coachable kid who made a bad mistake, or is this an indication of future problems.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26816
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Parrom-XU recruit

Postby muskieman » Thu May 29, 2008 4:19 pm

everyone makes mistakes in judgement at some time in their life, just ask my wife.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
passthepuck?
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:08 am
Contact:

Re: Parrom-XU recruit

Postby passthepuck? » Fri May 30, 2008 12:54 pm

Muskieman: Would that be your mistakes, of which the amount is truly ponderous or her one little mistake of marrying you?
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26816
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Parrom-XU recruit

Postby muskieman » Fri May 30, 2008 1:58 pm

passthepuck? wrote:Muskieman: Would that be your mistakes, of which the amount is truly ponderous or her one little mistake of marrying you?
You know Marjie and you know me so you know the answer to that one. I hold that mistake on her part up to her as my only defense. Just like you beautiful Ann made that mistake with you.

Truly God has bless us by marrying wives that did not bother to read all the instructions about have we were put together.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Parrom-XU recruit

Postby Mr. Neutral » Fri May 30, 2008 2:08 pm

I've said for years that if women were as picky about guys as guys are about women, the world population would about 80% less. And most of us wouldn't be here.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
MillerTime
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:14 am
Contact:

Re: Parrom-XU recruit

Postby MillerTime » Fri May 30, 2008 4:58 pm

I can't speak for keith, but what I was trying to convey is that we cannot simply avoid the AAU circuit. It's the nature of college basketball now whether we like it or not.

From all indications besides this incident, Parrom is a good kid. Supposedly Coach Antigua was trying to force his hand to a particular AAU program, and they got into a clash. Niether Antigua or Parrom are likely to return to St. Ray's. It was ugly and both appear to have acted stupidly, but no charges have been filed to date that I am aware of, and Xavier staff appears to still be recruiting Parrom.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Parrom-XU recruit

Postby Mr. Neutral » Fri May 30, 2008 5:51 pm

I think we'd all agree that the AAU circuit is going to be part of the recruiting picture, whether that's for better or worse. And Parrom may be a good kid overall. I can only hope that X looks into this very thoroughly and then makes the right call.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
wkrq59
Posts: 1508
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:57 am
Contact:

Re: Parrom-XU recruit

Postby wkrq59 » Fri May 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Wasn't it Fr. Hoff who said (and I paraphrase here) that he wouldn't want to see Xavier win a national championship if it meant X had to compromise its mission statement and its principles?
That said, my friends, let's get all the facts, and let's leave the judgments to
Sean and his staff and Sister Rose Ann.
I am already on record as saying something must be done and quickly to clean up the problems with the AAU programs, which will be even more evident when the OJ Mayo Iceberg begins to melt--If Myles Brand doesn't sweep it under the rug.
That said, I think each case has to be dealt with for now on an individual basis, and since we can't know all the facts and the reasons behind them, we reserve our judgment until we do. I remember Will Caudle, the man who wasn't there, and probably should have sued those two guys who claimed he was.
However this turns out, I am certain of one thing. If Xavier has to always take "at risk" kids (see Huggins, Robert the "Coiffed One') and that's the only way to constantly be a top echelon program, it's not worth it.
:mrgreen:
CoachNormanDale
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:56 pm
Contact:

Re: Parrom-XU recruit

Postby CoachNormanDale » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:59 pm

I would have showed this kid who's boss!
How Many Passes!!!???? FOUR!!!
MillerTime
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:14 am
Contact:

Re: Parrom-XU recruit

Postby MillerTime » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:34 pm

Well, we are still recruiting him, so you either have to accept that the staff believes he is a good kid, or be upset that we are going after bad kids. That's the choice.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1081 guests