My roommate wrote for the Xavier Newswire and he would get tickets and we'd go to the shows. I remember he was interviewing Paul Westerberg after the Mats' show and he was hardly coherent. He was high, smoking a cigarette and drinking a beer and doing the interview with my roommate. Most of the artists were pretty cool. They would take pictures with you and sign stuff so it was pretty neat.skyhops wrote:Replacements and Frampton played at Bogarts? I did see Phish play there in early 90's. AH and Muskieman saw Yanni and John Tesh there I believe. Probably too many Zimas for them to remember
Which Bubble Teams Does BPI Favor?
-
MOSQUETERO
- Posts: 1318
- Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:54 pm
- Contact:
Re: Which Bubble Teams Does BPI Favor?
-
Anti-Homer
- Posts: 7017
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: Which Bubble Teams Does BPI Favor?
Mman and I used to hang at X, and go to concerts together. We never saw Yanni nor John Tesh, though Mman preferred those types of edgy groups. Kurt Cobain was scheduled to play at Bogarts, and I gave Mman money to buy tickets. A day before, he claimed he "accidentally" bought some for The Andrews Sisters instead. Though I was upset at him, he calmed me down by saying rumors had it they would be showing skin.skyhops wrote:Replacements and Frampton played at Bogarts? I did see Phish play there in early 90's. AH and Muskieman saw Yanni and John Tesh there I believe. Probably too many Zimas for them to remember
Boy was he right. They performed in capri pants during the whole concert, and I was mesmerized by the sight of their shins. Si Leis cracked down on them, and they haven't been back to Cincy ever since. Wild, wild stuff.
-
skyhops
- Posts: 3926
- Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
- Contact:
Re: Which Bubble Teams Does BPI Favor?
Hopefully you two were able to get back stage afterwards. I heard their after parties were epic.
-
XU 87
- Posts: 588
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:34 am
- Contact:
Re: Which Bubble Teams Does BPI Favor?
Except for one recent post, I haven't been to this board in about three years. Do Skyhops, Anti-Homer and their buddies still bitch about Mack all the time and generally act like a-holes? And then giggle with each other when doing so?
-
Anti-Homer
- Posts: 7017
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: Which Bubble Teams Does BPI Favor?
87,XU 87 wrote:Except for one recent post, I haven't been to this board in about three years. Do Skyhops, Anti-Homer and their buddies still bitch about Mack all the time and generally act like a-holes? And then giggle with each other when doing so?
I miss your great narrative you always pushed that the tallest guy is always the best rebounder. I made the suggestion to Coach Mack, and he said he is looking at recruiting a Redwood Tree in CA. Sure it is an inanimate object and would be rather immobile on offense and defense, but we would, by your theory, still get all the rebounds. Our guys could almost climb up the tree and block every shot. Classic, classic stuff. BTW, do you still have the fitting picture of Mike Brown scratching his head next to moniker? That is absolutely apropos. You even understand that your logic would make even Mike Brown scratch his head.
I love posters who claim they never come to this board, which means they log on, well, about every day. However, when you lack the basketball acumen to make a point w/o hurling insults, it is probably better you only reads the posts, and rarely offer opinions. Some would say moronic, but I don't believe in name calling. However, keep those gems coming please. FWIW, Tony Yates gave you two thumbs up on your theory of basketball.
-
skyhops
- Posts: 3926
- Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
- Contact:
Re: Which Bubble Teams Does BPI Favor?
Does 87 still play dungeons and dragons in his parents basement and drink Zima. I really doubt 87 has been gone for three years. Glad you are so concerned about Anti Homer and myself. We didn't giggle about Mack's six game losing streak or his 2nd round exit last year.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 971 guests
