Seton Hall//Creighton

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
edgecliff hall
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:18 am
Contact:

Re: Seton Hall//Creighton

Postby edgecliff hall » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:39 am

Thank you, Jaxalum, for your well crafted exposition on the importance of our basketball program. It's good to be reminded.
kyzrex
Posts: 1896
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:35 am
Contact:

Re: Seton Hall//Creighton

Postby kyzrex » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:00 am

I must admit that the older I get, and the more seasons I have under my belt, the less winning or losing effects me. My desire for a win has not waned, but I'm just much more even keeled about it, and I don't feel the "need" to see each and every game as they happen.

For example....tomorrow's game with 'Nova is certainly a BIG game, but I'm going to miss it live. My son, who has been away from home for the last 6 years while serving in the USAF, has invited the family to join him at the Auto Show in the Convention Center. This is something that he and I did every year when he was growing up, and I have a lot of good memories from it. So I won't be able to watch the game as it happens, and I'm OK with that. I'll be very happy if they do win, but I certainly won't get to upset if they don't. Guess I've seen enough to realize that something's are just more important.

But I'm not going to knock those of you that live and die with the outcome of every game. If you enjoy that, I'm fine with your decsion to do so. But I do have to laugh about it a little bit..... :mrgreen:
#WHYNOTX?
jaxalum
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Seton Hall//Creighton

Postby jaxalum » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:11 am

kyzrex wrote:I must admit that the older I get, and the more seasons I have under my belt, the less winning or losing effects me. My desire for a win has not waned, but I'm just much more even keeled about it, and I don't feel the "need" to see each and every game as they happen.

For example....tomorrow's game with 'Nova is certainly a BIG game, but I'm going to miss it live. My son, who has been away from home for the last 6 years while serving in the USAF, has invited the family to join him at the Auto Show in the Convention Center. This is something that he and I did every year when he was growing up, and I have a lot of good memories from it. So I won't be able to watch the game as it happens, and I'm OK with that. I'll be very happy if they do win, but I certainly won't get to upset if they don't. Guess I've seen enough to realize that something's are just more important.

But I'm not going to knock those of you that live and die with the outcome of every game. If you enjoy that, I'm fine with your decsion to do so. But I do have to laugh about it a little bit..... :mrgreen:
I don't have kids, but I have two nieces and a nephew that are the three most important little angels in my life, and a Xavier game would become rediculously secondary vs spending time with them. I can only imagine having children of my own and the perspective that would bring.

Admittedly I'm a bit of a freak when it does come to games, and have no problem if it gets a smile out of a fellow fan.

And, thank your son for his service to our country. I had a brother who was a MArine Corps Harrier Pilot in the last IRaq invasion and my father was a Marine Huey Pilot in Vietnam. I have loads of respect for our men and women in uniform.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 863 guests