Interesting thought about Koufas making his $$$ in Europe rather than the NBA. You might be right.
I don't know what to think about JD's NBA chances. Yes, he's got the chiseled physique the pros like, he's got the outside shot, and he worked more on scoring inside than in previous years.
But he's still a so-so ballhandler, even for a big man, his release isn't that quick, and he's somewhat mechanical as opposed to athletic in his movements.
I hope he makes it in the NBA, either now or eventually, but I'm not sure about his chances.
Koufas of OSU goes NBA
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Koufas of OSU goes NBA
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
Wisexuowl
- Posts: 1062
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: Koufas of OSU goes NBA
Koufas is a mid-first round pick, and will be a better pro than that other one and done guy whatshisname had a year ago.
Why?
a) he's better moving without the ball
b) has much better footwork
c) can guard inside and outside
d) has a deadly 15+ foot shoot.
e) has much better basketball sense.
f) and for the first time since HS will get good coaching
Greece cannot pay him anywhere near what a mid-first round NBA pick will earn in his first three years including signing bonus.
We'll really get a good look at him against the best come Olympics when he will play for Greece.
Why?
a) he's better moving without the ball
b) has much better footwork
c) can guard inside and outside
d) has a deadly 15+ foot shoot.
e) has much better basketball sense.
f) and for the first time since HS will get good coaching
Greece cannot pay him anywhere near what a mid-first round NBA pick will earn in his first three years including signing bonus.
We'll really get a good look at him against the best come Olympics when he will play for Greece.
-
xuhuh!
- Posts: 3656
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: Koufas of OSU goes NBA
matta's players follow his lead "LEAVE EARLY"! make a list of matta's H.O.F.
-
Wisexuowl
- Posts: 1062
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: Koufas of OSU goes NBA
<Interesting thought about Koufas making his $$$ in Europe rather than the NBA. You might be right.>
Pause here for howling laughter !!!!
OK .... Yep, that is why so many NBA draftee's pass up playing here so they can make the really big buck in Europe.
Who was the last one to do that????
Pause here for howling laughter !!!!
OK .... Yep, that is why so many NBA draftee's pass up playing here so they can make the really big buck in Europe.
Who was the last one to do that????
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Koufas of OSU goes NBA
<<Back on topic, though, Koufas is a decent player and I wish him well. There's probably a spot for him on an NBA roster somewhere, alhough, I think that he's probably smart enough to know that he can be a really well-paid god by taking his game to Europe instead. >>
Take it up with MarionHall4Ever, Wise, it was his thought initially, but apparently you missed that.
Take it up with MarionHall4Ever, Wise, it was his thought initially, but apparently you missed that.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
Wisexuowl
- Posts: 1062
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: Koufas of OSU goes NBA
Naw, i didn't miss that.
And I didn't miss you saying ...
"You might be right."
Pause, please.
Now, everyone quit laughing.
Gary says "You might be right" ... that Koufas might forego the NBA riches to play in Greece.
OK, you can return to laughing now.
And I didn't miss you saying ...
"You might be right."
Pause, please.
Now, everyone quit laughing.
Gary says "You might be right" ... that Koufas might forego the NBA riches to play in Greece.
OK, you can return to laughing now.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Koufas of OSU goes NBA
You're funny, Wise! Oh, not in a "ha-ha" sort of way of course, but in that "gosh, that's sad" way.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
Wisexuowl
- Posts: 1062
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: Koufas of OSU goes NBA
Whatsa matta Gary ... you p$ssed 'cause your words got thrown back in your face, so in the usual lawyer way you want to divert attention?
Just admit it Gary, you made a really stupid statement (again) and when challenged you couldn't back it up (again).
OK you guys, I said stop laughing at him. It's not nice to laugh this long!
Just admit it Gary, you made a really stupid statement (again) and when challenged you couldn't back it up (again).
OK you guys, I said stop laughing at him. It's not nice to laugh this long!
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Koufas of OSU goes NBA
Oh please, Wise. The day you outsmart me is the day I beat Chris Paul one-on-one.
MarionHall4Ever made the initial statement (which, oddly enough, you haven't taken issue with, which means you don't care about disagreeing with the statement; you just want to disagree with ME).
Marion's statement has some validity to it, which I acknowledged. Does that mean there's a 100% certainty that it will happen? Of course not. But it does make some sense as Koufas' game is more suited (at this point) for European play than the NBA, and, of course, there's tons of good college players who can't translate that into the next level.
Last but not least, apparently you forgot about the multitude of comments made by OSU game announcers about efforts being made to bring Koufas overseas to play.
So, Wise, feel free to live it up in your sad, narrow, cliche-filled BizarroWorld. I can only imagine how boring you must be in person. Do you ever wonder why others in the room are always checking their watches and cell phones?
The rest of us will try to get through the day on Planet Earth.
MarionHall4Ever made the initial statement (which, oddly enough, you haven't taken issue with, which means you don't care about disagreeing with the statement; you just want to disagree with ME).
Marion's statement has some validity to it, which I acknowledged. Does that mean there's a 100% certainty that it will happen? Of course not. But it does make some sense as Koufas' game is more suited (at this point) for European play than the NBA, and, of course, there's tons of good college players who can't translate that into the next level.
Last but not least, apparently you forgot about the multitude of comments made by OSU game announcers about efforts being made to bring Koufas overseas to play.
So, Wise, feel free to live it up in your sad, narrow, cliche-filled BizarroWorld. I can only imagine how boring you must be in person. Do you ever wonder why others in the room are always checking their watches and cell phones?
The rest of us will try to get through the day on Planet Earth.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Koufas of OSU goes NBA
I am so glad to see both Wise and Mr N getting along so well! If I didn't know better I would swear you guys are brothers.
I will let you guys know when the next meanest man's contest happens and maybe we can sign you two up.
I will let you guys know when the next meanest man's contest happens and maybe we can sign you two up.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 707 guests
